Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- bette davis
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- Joe Dante
- John Huston
- Kartemquin Films
- lili taylor
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- star trek
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- tfw you can't decide what to watch and then say hey why don't I watch LAURA for the hundredth time 16 hours ago
- 3 things about Michael Anderson’s LOGAN’S RUN randomcha.net/2022/01/27/3-t… 21 hours ago
- If memory serves, I was in Honolulu :) twitter.com/53viroqua/stat… 2 days ago
- NAQOYQASTI perhaps... twitter.com/daveloach2/sta… 2 days ago
- To paraphrase Francis Urquhart, muckraking only happens when there is muck to rake. twitter.com/nytimes/status… 3 days ago
- Michael Shannon is a goldarn treasure. chicagomag.com/chicago-magazi… 3 days ago
- Later, during opening weekend in Chicago, I went to see it twice on Friday and once on Saturday. One of the most hy… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- RT @chi_streets: For far too long alderpeople have accepted the sad reality of reporting uncleared sidewalks to 311 and uphold the status q… 4 days ago
- Congrats! ALA knows quality when we see it. twitter.com/DavidWondrich/… 4 days ago
- Tom Hanks is great. 4 days ago
Monthly Archives: November 2021
Three Cases of Murder  1. Moving into the painting. Closer to the house. The door swings open. 2. Without asking, he plucks a carnation from the bouquet for his buttonhole. 3. “Brilliant, but insufferable.”
My Neighbor Totoro  1. Soft and furry bus benches. 2. A message scratched into the cornhusk. 3. Disquieting family tub scene.
Check out some photos from the afternoon of November 13 at the Music Box!
Following  1. “Say something to me.” He does, and then she slaps him. 2. Marilyn Monroe picture tacked on the wall near his writing desk. 3. Earring in a plastic evidence envelope.
3 Women  1. “She’ll show you just how easy it really is.” 2. “We don’t like the twins.” 3. “Ever since you moved in here you’ve been causing me grief. Nobody wants to hang around you. You don’t drink, … Continue reading
Hollywood Chinese  1. Christopher Lee explains eye makeup and prosthetics. 2. Notes on Anna May Wong’s screen test for The Good Earth: “disappointing.” 3. Roger Ebert defending Better Luck Tomorrow at Sundance.
Bad Influence  1. An ingenious cut: Michael throws back the shot of tequila, Alex swallows it. 2. Glass bricks everywhere. 3. Don’t step on the brake pedal.
Black Widow  1. His sits at home at his bar. Glowing pink light behind frosted glass. 2. Upon discovering the body, she doesn’t scream. She merely leaves the room and pauses at the doorway. 3. Shopping list with doodles.
Coming Out Under Fire  1. Incompatible. 2. Using the word “darling” in a letter was a giveaway. 3. Mimeographed bulletin, “The Myrtle Bitch Beach.” Invaluable.
Symbiopsychotaxiplasm: Take One  1. Showing the location permits to the cop. 2. He could be just offscreen, directing the whole thing. 3. His favorite is 69th.