Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- bette davis
- Christopher Nolan
- comic book movies
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- Joe Dante
- John Huston
- Kartemquin Films
- lili taylor
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- star trek
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- RT @Whimsurge: #TopGun #Snoopy #FilmTwitter https://t.co/fju1nQSAWa 2 hours ago
- This is now a Graham Crowden stan account https://t.co/aVlLRr06ku 2 hours ago
- 3 things about Terry Gilliam’s JABBERWOCKY randomcha.net/2022/05/20/3-t… 2 hours ago
- #RIPVANGELIS twitter.com/Whimsurge/stat… 1 day ago
- True story: when I was in junior high I had an enormous crush on this guy who loved Vangelis so I bought a cassette… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- RT @BenjaminCrew1: We need our boys looking like absolute shit on magazine covers again, sharing the headlines with conspiracy theories htt… 1 day ago
- Rad t-shirt: pre-order at kerincunningham.com/shop/we-wont-b… twitter.com/KerinCunningha… 1 day ago
- RT @Whimsurge: #BetteDavis #Film https://t.co/12h5iCsZh1 3 days ago
- "A Haunted Gay Pirate Ship-Themed Tiki Bar" Now see @FoodieAnthony this is what we need in Chicago: westword.com/restaurants/he… 3 days ago
- Hey @thefilmsociety ... twitter.com/Whimsurge/stat… 4 days ago
Monthly Archives: October 2021
The Conjuring  1. On the piano, the same three notes. 2. The intake interview is conducted on November 1, All Hallows’ Day. 3. “She’s already gone. And now you’re all going to die.” The look on her face.
Séance on a Wet Afternoon  1. The group gradually disbands, each member leaving the house without speaking to one another. 2. A crock labelled RAISINS in the kitchen. 3. “Did I do it well?” Echoes of how Sunset Blvd. … Continue reading
All Light, Everywhere  1. “The eye only sees in each thing that for which it looks, and it only looks for that of which it already has an idea.” — Alphonse Bertillon 2. The plentiful trees and foliage in … Continue reading
The Amusement Park  1. “There’s nothing out there.” 2. Kind words while pickpocketing. 3. Chicken in the foreground.
The Amityville Horror  1. What’s with the blueprint he retrieves from the Town Hall? 2. The house sits atop a massive oil deposit? 3. Why doesn’t he simply use his library card?
The Raven  1. Poe interpretive dance. 2. “You are saying something profound.” 3. The whole bedroom is an elevator.
Originally we meant to screen at the Music Box back in May 2020. But we all know what happened. I am so grateful to the Chicago Critics Film Festival for persevering despite some truly daunting circumstances and rescheduling the event. … Continue reading
Island of Lost Souls  1. Vegetarian because of the natives. 2. All coming right at you. 3. The mob smashes into a case of surgical instruments and begins the vivisection.
After Life  1. A plastic bag filled with flower petals. 2. The cool breeze coming through the open window of the tram. 3. When the lights in the theater come up, his seat is empty.
No Time to Die  1. “My sense of timing.” 2. Logan Ash is described by Felix as a political appointee. Nice touch. 3. Poison garden.