Enter ROY’S WORLD
Join 1,063 other followers
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- bette davis
- Christopher Nolan
- comic book movies
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- Joe Dante
- John Huston
- Kartemquin Films
- lili taylor
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- star trek
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- RT @krisvire: I try not to kink-shame but this one-sided humiliation play is just sad. 1 day ago
- RT @robojojo: Room temperature outside? In August? With an ever so slight breeze? That’s amore baby 1 day ago
- RT @andystardust: I was recently interviewed by the Chicago Open Archives podcast. Hear me talk about my "archival origin story" and why pr… 1 day ago
- Many thanks to everyone who turned out for @RoysWorldFilm last night, including Wendy Robie from TWIN PEAKS! What a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- Huge crowd tonight, you love to see it. twitter.com/robertloerzel/… 3 days ago
- RT @ampol_moment: 88 year old Senator Chuck Grassley who continues to run for office complains about not having family time. (2022) https:/… 4 days ago
- My husband rated THE PHANTOM OF LIBERTY only 3.5 stars on @letterboxd and as a result we may need couples therapy.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago
- Avoid FOMO in 1 easy step: be there! twitter.com/jim_laczkowski… 4 days ago
- So, umm, this happened (!) twitter.com/RoysWorldFilm/… 5 days ago
- Ya know I'm gonna be there! And I'll be back the very next day for this: musicboxtheatre.com/films/roys-wor… twitter.com/mattfagerholm/… 6 days ago
Monthly Archives: July 2022
Princess Mononoke 1. Multiple decapitations via arrow. 2. Talking bandage-head. 3. Bones buried in the mud on the bottom of the pond.
Point Blank  1. “How much is Brewster worth to you, Fairfax?” “Threatening phone calls don’t impress me.” 2. Buried under a rack of film canisters. 3. A kitchen with a built-in blender plus a standalone blender. 3 other things.
Summer of 85  1. He’s not going to tell you what happened behind the door. 2. In the semidarkness, he gently combs the boy’s hair. 3. Traditionally, the headstone is not erected for at least a year.
The Card Counter  1. “Suited” and its double meaning. The world of cards. 2. Encrusted coffee urn. 3. Very long nails.
Space Is the Place  1. Good time cigarette gals. 2. Stealing some sweet shoes. 3. Shortly after evacuation, the planet explodes and splits in half.
On the Beach  1. Coke bottle and window shade. 2. She’s ready for tea, she says. 3. He affixes the award plaque to the hood of his car and then tosses the screwdriver away. His last act. 3 other … Continue reading
Night Raiders  1. A peaceful tent filled with sleeping children. 2. She watches approvingly as one girl beats another girl to a pulp. 3. Drones as sentient beings.
For one night only, the film returns to the big screen at the Music Box Theatre! And after the show, Jim Laczkowski (Chicago Film Critics Association) will moderate a Q & A featuring yours truly alongside producer Michael Glover Smith. We’re planning to … Continue reading
Notorious  1. The way he adjusts the scarf after tying it around her waist. 2. A short, sharp punch silences her. 3. “I have been expecting this.” 3 other things
Network  1. The middle of the George Washington Bridge. 2. “I want angry shows.” 3. The sheen of his mustache in the conference room’s half-light.