Enter ROY’S WORLD
Join 1,074 other followers
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- Christopher Nolan
- comic book movies
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- Kartemquin Films
- lili taylor
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- nicholas ray
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- star trek
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- Hyde Park, here we come! youtube.com/watch?feature=… randomcha.net/2022/09/25/hyd… 9 hours ago
- 3 things about Brett Morgen’s MOONAGE DAYDREAM randomcha.net/2022/09/25/3-t… 9 hours ago
- 3 things about W.S. Van Dyke’s PENTHOUSE randomcha.net/2022/09/25/3-t… 9 hours ago
- As a documentary filmmaker, this is disturbing for all sorts of reasons. If we won't allow filmmakers to harness th… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 13 hours ago
- 3 things about Sam Wood’s WHIPSAW randomcha.net/2022/09/24/3-t… 1 day ago
- RT @jim_laczkowski: Smile (2022) https://t.co/C6m2whCbPA 1 day ago
- Now that it's autumn I am reupping this! twitter.com/randomcha/stat… 2 days ago
- 3 things about Nicholas Ray’s REBEL WITHOUT A CAUSE randomcha.net/2022/09/23/3-t… 2 days ago
- #NowPlaying "Blue And Sentimental" by Ike Quebec on @TIDAL tidal.com/browse/track/7… 2 days ago
- Las Piñatas, in Old Town. Sigh. Those chips, that salsa. Enchiladas Norteno. Damn good margaritas. twitter.com/TimeOutChicago… 4 days ago
Monthly Archives: August 2022
Piccadilly  1. Neon sign for Gordon’s Gin: THE HEART OF A GOOD COCKTAIL. 2. The knowing look on her face as Mabel leaves the office. 3. With inebriated slowness, he butters the bread and then devours it.
The Poseidon Adventure  1. Suppository. 2. When Arthur O’Connell says, “I have no choice.” 3. Strand of drool from his mouth as he mourns Mrs. Rosen.
E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial  1. “This is reality, Greg.” 2. A fleeting red glow before he closes the lid. 3. They just abandon the pizza and leave it lying on the ground.
Z  1. A family portrait and a clean white shirt. 2. He does a little jig in the street and then walks into a bar, where he sexually harasses a boy who’s playing the pinball machine. 3. “Lithe and … Continue reading
American Cinematheque is throwing a One Night Tribute to Barry Gifford on September 3! The lineup features the LA premiere of ROY’S WORLD: BARRY GIFFORD’S CHICAGO + WILD AT HEART + LOST HIGHWAY. It’s a triple feature for the ages … Continue reading
Christmas in July  1. It’s Bred in the Bean. 2. “Two can live as cheaply as one.” “Who wants to live cheaply?” 3. “Kindly cut a groove, will you?” 3 other things.
Lost Highway  1. Slowly removing her eye makeup. 2. Plastic-covered sofa in the desert shack. 3. Brain matter strewn across the sand. 3 other things.
The Phantom of Liberty  1. “Why the sea? The sea’s no longer the sea.” 2. “One thing. I’d like to make a small incision. Sheer medical curiosity.” 3. Two police commissioners equal one police commissioner. 3 other things.
Cryptozoo  1. Recovering in a Russian hospital. 2. Special contact lenses. 3. Tempest-tossed in the tumbling tower.
Mr. Klein  1. “It’s nothing to do with me.” His fatal blindspot. 2. The deep green of the trees in the square across the street from his apartment. 3. Red robe on dark snow.