Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- Kartemquin Films
- lili taylor
- Marlon Brando
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- Reeling Film Festival
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- RT @randomcha: Usually the best way to tell a story is by not telling the whole story. 10 hours ago
- 3 things about Joe Cornish’s ATTACK THE BLOCK randomcha.net/2020/08/10/3-t… 12 hours ago
- 3 things about Alfonso Cuarón’s Y TU MAMA TAMBIEN randomcha.net/2020/08/09/3-t… 1 day ago
- Monstrous. twitter.com/Ela_Bittencour… 2 days ago
- To say that I'm honored by this endorsement is an understatement. I'm kind of stunned. Stay tuned: @RoysWorldFilm i… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- RT @vishnevetsky: TWIN PEAKS: THE RETURN "Part 8": greatest TV villain reveal of all time, moral capstone to a career project devoted to th… 4 days ago
- RT @noirfictionbot: The moment Kathryn Robinson walked into the clip joint I knew I was in trouble. She had a rack that could erase a side… 4 days ago
- RT @filmboyd: Cinema owners upon hearing Disney’s plans for MULAN: 4 days ago
- "Never touch shit, even with the gloves on. The gloves only get shittier, but the shit doesn't get any glovier." —@Orson Welles 6 days ago
- RT @mfrost11: Longing for the time, not so long from now one hopes, when we won’t ever have to listen to this endless, fulminating geyser o… 6 days ago
Tag Archives: Kartemquin Films
Stevie  1. A disastrous outing at Excalibur. 2. Offer of protection from the Aryan Brotherhood. 3. Because he did not demonstrate remorse, ten years instead of six.
Cooked: Survival by Zip Code  1. They finally get the air conditioning they needed. 2. On the cover of the report: a snowflake. 3. A seemingly all white disaster preparedness conference. Urgent! There’s a story I sometimes tell about … Continue reading
Minding the Gap  1. He won’t stop until the skateboard is really and truly wrecked. 2. “You can’t beat up women, but … sometimes a bitch needs to get slapped.” 3. Bing says, “Cut.” And moves his head slightly. … Continue reading
The Inquiring Nuns  1. They’re in a band called The Bubblegum Orgy. 2. Complaining about a rude cashier. 3. “I’m not sure why, but I’m glad you asked me.” A classic.
All the Queen’s Horses  1. She closed her eyes to listen to the click of the handcuffs. 2. “When the FBI tells you to keep quiet, you keep quiet.” 3. The majority of embezzlement cases are perpetrated by females.
Abacus: Small Enough to Jail  1. She tries in vain to get someone to listen to her point. 2. The blurred line between a gift and a loan. 3. Justice … with a $10 million legal bill.
5 Girls  1. After getting a hug from the boy she tells her friends, “This jacket will never be washed.” 2. From the balcony they look down onto the dancefloor, silently, bored. 3. “I wish I hadn’t been so … Continue reading
Life Itself  1. Seeing the same theater, onscreen, that I’m sitting in as I watch the movie. 2. “They were a pair of Siamese twins joined at the rear end.” 3. A reprieve, courtesy Leonard Cohen.
Golub: Late Works Are the Catastrophes  1. $20 worth of guns from the toy store on Bleeker Street. “Get a receipt.” 2. We can disappear you. 3. “You’re at the end of the rope. It’s a long rope. But … Continue reading
Home for Life  1. For Vegas Night, the head of physical therapy runs a blackjack table. 2. “My future is behind me.” 3. She chews nuts using her gums; she has no teeth left.