Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- lili taylor
- Marlon Brando
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- Reeling Film Festival
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- star trek
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- Ah, internet outage at home this morning means ... no work? 1 day ago
- 3 things about Quentin Tarantino’s PULP FICTION randomcha.net/2021/05/10/3-t… 1 day ago
- RT @kphipps3000: This creates a tremendous opening to bring back the Blockbuster Entertainment Awards. 1 day ago
- The equal of Dylan's "Nashville Skyline," which was being recorded at the same time at the same studio!… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- 50% heartwarming/50% eerie. twitter.com/therealraywise… 2 days ago
- 3 things about Bill Forsyth’s LOCAL HERO randomcha.net/2021/05/09/3-t… 3 days ago
- RT @tanzinavega: Happy Mother’s Day to the solo moms out there trying to be everything and do everything for their kids. Hats off to you.… 3 days ago
- RT @chancetherapper: ITS HAPPENING 🎥🍿🏠👟 SUMMER 21 @AMCTheatres #AMC https://t.co/gGgMk664WA 3 days ago
- My mom just told me that she's been buying cryptocurrency. It's over, folks. 4 days ago
- This really is a fantastic record. Dr. Lonnie Smith – Breathe blackgrooves.org/dr-lonnie-smit… 5 days ago
Tag Archives: Kartemquin Films
Stevie  1. A disastrous outing at Excalibur. 2. Offer of protection from the Aryan Brotherhood. 3. Because he did not demonstrate remorse, ten years instead of six.
Cooked: Survival by Zip Code  1. They finally get the air conditioning they needed. 2. On the cover of the report: a snowflake. 3. A seemingly all white disaster preparedness conference. Urgent! There’s a story I sometimes tell about … Continue reading
Minding the Gap  1. He won’t stop until the skateboard is really and truly wrecked. 2. “You can’t beat up women, but … sometimes a bitch needs to get slapped.” 3. Bing says, “Cut.” And moves his head slightly. … Continue reading
The Inquiring Nuns  1. They’re in a band called The Bubblegum Orgy. 2. Complaining about a rude cashier. 3. “I’m not sure why, but I’m glad you asked me.” A classic.
All the Queen’s Horses  1. She closed her eyes to listen to the click of the handcuffs. 2. “When the FBI tells you to keep quiet, you keep quiet.” 3. The majority of embezzlement cases are perpetrated by females.
Abacus: Small Enough to Jail  1. She tries in vain to get someone to listen to her point. 2. The blurred line between a gift and a loan. 3. Justice … with a $10 million legal bill.
5 Girls  1. After getting a hug from the boy she tells her friends, “This jacket will never be washed.” 2. From the balcony they look down onto the dancefloor, silently, bored. 3. “I wish I hadn’t been so … Continue reading
Life Itself  1. Seeing the same theater, onscreen, that I’m sitting in as I watch the movie. 2. “They were a pair of Siamese twins joined at the rear end.” 3. A reprieve, courtesy Leonard Cohen.
Golub: Late Works Are the Catastrophes  1. $20 worth of guns from the toy store on Bleeker Street. “Get a receipt.” 2. We can disappear you. 3. “You’re at the end of the rope. It’s a long rope. But … Continue reading
Home for Life  1. For Vegas Night, the head of physical therapy runs a blackjack table. 2. “My future is behind me.” 3. She chews nuts using her gums; she has no teeth left.