Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- Kartemquin Films
- lili taylor
- Marlon Brando
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- Reeling Film Festival
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- RT @brianklaas: New cases, yesterday: Germany: 298 Denmark: 10 Norway: 11 Sweden: 57 United States: 55,442 13 hours ago
- This is really tough news. Marty has been a passionate supporter of Chicago cinema (and of my own projects as well)… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 15 hours ago
- RT @nomadicmatt: What trip did COVID put on hold for you? 1 day ago
- RT @musicboxtheatre: This Thursday at 7pm, FIRST COW comes to the Music Box Virtual Cinema! For One Night Only, you can watch the acclaime… 1 day ago
- There really is no balm more healing than an ice cold martini. 1 day ago
- 3 things about David Swift’s HOW TO SUCCEED IN BUSINESS WITHOUT REALLY TRYING randomcha.net/2020/07/07/3-t… 1 day ago
- RT @mmpadellan: The Electoral College is worthless and should be abolished. Raise your hand if you agree. 🖐️ 2 days ago
- 3 things about John Badham’s WARGAMES randomcha.net/2020/07/06/3-t… 2 days ago
- Man with a Harmonica. Unsurpassed, really. #RIPMorricone 2 days ago
- This holiday weekend I saw 3 films offering a composite portrait of America: WARGAMES, HOW TO SUCCEED IN BUSINESS… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
Monthly Archives: December 2012
Argo  1. They watch TV together over the phone. 2. “Groucho said that?” 3. The little fingers gingerly fit the strips of paper together.
Get Low  1. The perfectly smooth surface of his kitchen table. 2. Sitting on the back of the overturned chair, he empties his flask into a cut glass tumbler. 3. Shoe size: 10D.
Here, in alphabetical order, are ten movies I watched this year that knocked my socks off: Beyond the Hills (directed by Cristian Mungiu, 2012) Cosmopolis (directed by David Cronenberg, 2012) Magic Mike (directed by Steven Soderbergh, 2012) The Master (directed … Continue reading
Shane  1. “I don’t want any part in gunslingin’. Murder’s a better word for it.” 2. They have a conversation through the open window: she’s in Joey’s bedroom while he stands outside in the pouring rain. 3. He discreetly … Continue reading
Cold Comfort Farm  1. “What do you plan to live on? Or off?” 2. She watches him as he loads the steaming manure onto the wagon. 3. The cow has been crowned with a garland of daisies.
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey  1. “Think of a furnace with wings.” 2. A rift appears in the floor of the cave. 3. The Lonely Mountain = Paramount logo.
Christmas in Connecticut  1. He sniffs the air, then simultaneously drops his suitcase, declares “I’m hungry!” and dashes into the kitchen. 2. She bends over to pick up her glove. He looks at the cow admiringly and says, “Nice … Continue reading
Check out my appearance on Chicago Tonight. I must admit, it was strange to wear all that makeup. Though I did get that Floridian tan I’d always wanted … Find the book with the help of this awesome Goodreads page.
Carnal Knowledge  1. Bullshit artist. 2. “You tell Sandy that if he so much as touches that tub of lard in there, he shouldn’t come home tonight.” 3. She nonchalantly tucks the money into a metal jar, goes back … Continue reading
The Godfather  1. An ad for Cinzano painted on a wall. 2. “Women and children can be weak, men can’t.” 3. Shoe through the windshield. 3 other things.