Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- Kartemquin Films
- lili taylor
- Marlon Brando
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- Reeling Film Festival
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- RT @nomadicmatt: What trip did COVID put on hold for you? 7 hours ago
- RT @musicboxtheatre: This Thursday at 7pm, FIRST COW comes to the Music Box Virtual Cinema! For One Night Only, you can watch the acclaime… 7 hours ago
- There really is no balm more healing than an ice cold martini. 8 hours ago
- 3 things about David Swift’s HOW TO SUCCEED IN BUSINESS WITHOUT REALLY TRYING randomcha.net/2020/07/07/3-t… 15 hours ago
- RT @mmpadellan: The Electoral College is worthless and should be abolished. Raise your hand if you agree. 🖐️ 1 day ago
- 3 things about John Badham’s WARGAMES randomcha.net/2020/07/06/3-t… 1 day ago
- Man with a Harmonica. Unsurpassed, really. #RIPMorricone 1 day ago
- This holiday weekend I saw 3 films offering a composite portrait of America: WARGAMES, HOW TO SUCCEED IN BUSINESS… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- Thursday, July 9 ONLY: watch the new Kelly Reichardt film while supporting @musicboxtheatre--win/win watch.eventive.org/musicbox/play/… 2 days ago
- 3 things about Kirsten Johnson’s CAMERAPERSON randomcha.net/2020/07/05/3-t… 2 days ago
Tag Archives: Marlon Brando
Superman: Extended Cut  1. Feeding the babies. 2. Rex Reed. 3. Water returns to the desert.
The Formula  1. “The war is over, and from now on it’s one big happy corporation. There are no secrets, no enemies, just customers.” 2. You live for the moments when George S. Scott loses his temper and nearly … Continue reading
Superman  1. “He will need that advantage to survive.” 2. Pink. 3. Dirty pantsuit.
The Missouri Breaks  1. He wades through a traincar of sheep. 2. “I wouldn’t know about that. Not since that dog of mine licked the butter.” 3. Sharing a carrot with his horse.
Last Tango in Paris  1. Multicolored concierge cackling behind pebbled glass. 2. “Get the butter.” 3. He moons the dancefloor.
The Godfather  1. An ad for Cinzano painted on a wall. 2. “Women and children can be weak, men can’t.” 3. Shoe through the windshield. 3 other things.
The Nightcomers  1. A toad smoking a cigarette. 2. Directorial choice: zooms are emphatic. 3. The corpse is completely rigid.
Burn!  1. A group of children help carry the headless corpse to the wagon. 2. The soldiers set the field of sugar cane on fire, and shoot the rebels as they emerge from the flames. 3. Jodhpurs. A straw … Continue reading
The Night of the Following Day  1. Using black duct tape, he connects the earpiece of one phone to the mouthpiece of another. Analog call-forwarding. 2. Marlon Brando: “Listen, man! If you want to get freaky, you don’t do it … Continue reading