Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- lili taylor
- Marlon Brando
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- Reeling Film Festival
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- star trek
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- Happy 92nd (!) birthday to Jules Feiffer! "It’s dangerous to challenge a system unless you’re completely at peace w… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 9 hours ago
- RT @amlibraries: ALA News: Celebrate the joy of reading with Miss Piggy and Kermit READ® poster tees bit.ly/3ol8wcf 14 hours ago
- It's a real shame that James Burke's CONNECTIONS isn't more easily accessible. Just watched the whole series for th… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- 3 things about Chan-wook Park’s THE HANDMAIDEN randomcha.net/2021/01/25/3-t… 1 day ago
- This film features the most disturbing line of dialogue Julie Andrews ever delivered: "I'm sticky, Charlie. I'm sti… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- Our first presentation of 2021! Stay tuned! twitter.com/RoysWorldFilm/… 1 day ago
- 3 things about John Sturges’s BY LOVE POSSESSED randomcha.net/2021/01/24/3-t… 2 days ago
- Imagine Paul Thomas Anderson taking this on. twitter.com/JDPCogginbooks… 3 days ago
- New Mop Punch by @DavidWondrich hits the spot. https://t.co/adlQmsI7A0 4 days ago
- RT @chipublib: On Jan. 26, join Kyle Westphal (@thefilmsociety) & Mike Mashon (@librarycongress) in a moderated conversation by Marilyn Fer… 4 days ago
Tag Archives: Marlon Brando
Superman: Extended Cut  1. Feeding the babies. 2. Rex Reed. 3. Water returns to the desert.
The Formula  1. “The war is over, and from now on it’s one big happy corporation. There are no secrets, no enemies, just customers.” 2. You live for the moments when George S. Scott loses his temper and nearly … Continue reading
Superman  1. “He will need that advantage to survive.” 2. Pink. 3. Dirty pantsuit.
The Missouri Breaks  1. He wades through a traincar of sheep. 2. “I wouldn’t know about that. Not since that dog of mine licked the butter.” 3. Sharing a carrot with his horse.
Last Tango in Paris  1. Multicolored concierge cackling behind pebbled glass. 2. “Get the butter.” 3. He moons the dancefloor.
The Godfather  1. An ad for Cinzano painted on a wall. 2. “Women and children can be weak, men can’t.” 3. Shoe through the windshield. 3 other things.
The Nightcomers  1. A toad smoking a cigarette. 2. Directorial choice: zooms are emphatic. 3. The corpse is completely rigid.
Burn!  1. A group of children help carry the headless corpse to the wagon. 2. The soldiers set the field of sugar cane on fire, and shoot the rebels as they emerge from the flames. 3. Jodhpurs. A straw … Continue reading
The Night of the Following Day  1. Using black duct tape, he connects the earpiece of one phone to the mouthpiece of another. Analog call-forwarding. 2. Marlon Brando: “Listen, man! If you want to get freaky, you don’t do it … Continue reading