Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- Kartemquin Films
- lili taylor
- Marlon Brando
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- Reeling Film Festival
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- My dorkiest costume. Happy Halloween! https://t.co/aNBYo3WTuM 35 minutes ago
- RT @susie_dent: Word of the day is ‘latibulate’ (17th century): to hide in a corner in an attempt to escape reality. 3 hours ago
- Oh gosh. This is tough. twitter.com/ScottyGinett/s… 3 hours ago
- Simply unmissable. twitter.com/phillipstribun… 2 days ago
- 3 things about Todd Phillips’s JOKER randomcha.net/2020/10/28/3-t… 3 days ago
- Wallace Shawn, as usual, cuts to the heart of things: nybooks.com/daily/2020/10/… 3 days ago
- Possible coping strategy: getting massively baked and watching lots of Ernie Kovacs on @Tubi. 3 days ago
- RT @RealLyndaCarter: This week, I’m spinning into my best superhero gear! Walk, run, or spin on down to the polls and vote early for @JoeBi… 3 days ago
- After 2 weeks of multiple health screens and asking everyone to quarantine, I surprised my closest inner circle wit… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- Do it, Texas! cc @wileywiggins twitter.com/DanielDKraus/s… 3 days ago
Monthly Archives: January 2018
The Naked City  1. She fetches a cup of cold tea from the kitchen. 2. J.P. McGillicuddy. 3. We hear traffic noise drifting into the room. Foreshadowing the moment when he makes a dash for the open window.
Eyewitness  1. Floor polish foreplay. 2. Morgan Freeman’s pipe-smoking detective seems to have wandered in from a better, more interesting movie. 3. Kenneth McMillan’s piggyback ride up a flight of stairs. Ugh. Pretty bad.
Godzilla  1. Budapest String Quartet. 2. He sheepishly tucks his tie into his jacket before continuing. 3. Radioactive trilobite.
Three couples from Chicago vacation for a weekend at a lakeside cabin in Michigan. And a lot can happen over the course of three days … I like to joke that Michael Glover Smith is the Robert Altman to my … Continue reading
McCabe & Mrs. Miller  1. “I counted ’em, there’s 52.” 2. The only time we ever really see her smile. 3. For me, what makes the finale so haunting is that there are no witnesses.
Porto  1. A different couple in the window. 2. We learn that they actually go to dinner afterward. 3. Glitchy sunrise, twice.
Dodsworth  1. He strides through the gathering of factory workers. But the film skips the farewell speech. 2. “Have you ever noticed how transparent people are when you really look at them?” 3. Khakis, tennis shoes, a white shirt … Continue reading
Phantom Thread  1. “It’s my job to give you some. If I choose to.” 2. Asparagus with oil and salt. 3. Both women answer the doctor simultaneously. Again and again.
Kansas City Confidential  1. The mask strapped to his sweaty leg. 2. She gauges the situation briefly and says, “Now I’m supposed to be hurt. Maybe even cry.” 3. Another diner named Winky’s.
Pandora and the Flying Dutchman  1. He discreetly drops poison into his own drink. 2. The sound as the bull’s horn tears his shirt. 3. Glistening drops of water on the piece of canvas she has wrapped around her … Continue reading