Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- lili taylor
- Marlon Brando
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- Reeling Film Festival
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- star trek
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- 3 things about Arthur Penn’s NIGHT MOVES randomcha.net/2021/07/30/3-t… 21 hours ago
- 72 hrs until condo closing. I simultaneously feel smooshed and splatted. 21 hours ago
- Oh fuck. twitter.com/Ela_Bittencour… 1 day ago
- RT @RoysWorldFilm: "Winters never looked this cold, newspapers never looked this culpable, and Mayor Daley’s cronies never felt so real." O… 1 day ago
- 3 things about Errol Morris’s THE UNKNOWN KNOWN randomcha.net/2021/07/26/3-t… 4 days ago
- RT @danielknoxmusic: 📽⬅️ don’t forget to come early for the special pre-show I’ve put together. @musicboxtheatre 👍🏼 ▵▵☕️🦉🔥🌲🍩🥧 https://t.c… 4 days ago
- Holy smokes! cc @whitecitycinema twitter.com/TwinPeaksArchv… 4 days ago
- 3 things about Claudia Weill’s GIRLFRIENDS randomcha.net/2021/07/25/3-t… 5 days ago
- If you like to spend your Saturday evening shouting things at your television then I highly recommend THE UNKNOWN KNOWN by @errolmorris. 6 days ago
- 3 things about Robert Wise’s ODDS AGAINST TOMORROW randomcha.net/2021/07/24/3-t… 6 days ago
Monthly Archives: March 2018
The Death of Stalin  1. Khrushchev’s rule: before going to bed, write down everything you talked about. 2. “I’m the only one kneeling in piss, yes?” 3. Brezhnev looks down on him.
Naqoyqatsi  1. Ted Turner and Donald Trump. 2. Painting morph sequence. 3. Bringing pizza to the table. 3 other things.
Marked Woman  1. “Well, how do you want it, honey? Soft and smooth, or loud and hard?” 2. We don’t witness the beating, only the aftermath. 3. Arm in arm, the women disappear into the fog.
Logan Lucky  1. “I am in-car-ce-re-ted.” 2. She explains churn rates to her daddy. 3. Quoting from the theme song to Alice.
California Split  1. The couple making out on a bench at the racetrack. 2. Lyndon B. Johnson at the poker table. 3. “It doesn’t mean a fucking thing, does it?”
The Young Doctors  1. So much smoking in the hospital. 2. Ben Gazzara does a Brando impression (?) 3. Typing very slowly.
Unsane  1. “This is going to go the way you want it to.” 2. Double exposure (front of head + back of head) becomes triple exposure. Her POV: the room sideways. 3. The detective discovers the notebook in the … Continue reading
Night and the City  1. “But the wrong things. Always the wrong things.” 2. Bear hug. 3. He closes the office doors and breathes a sign of contentment. A job well done.
Justice League  1. “Millions of dollars of structural damage, nice to see you haven’t lost your touch.” 2. The Lasso of Truth is comedy gold. 3. Devoured by his own fear.
Seven Brides for Seven Brothers  1. Sorrel as a wedding bouquet. 2. Board dance-off. 3. Everyone claims the child; everyone has to get married.