Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- Kartemquin Films
- lili taylor
- Marlon Brando
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- Reeling Film Festival
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- RT @brianklaas: New cases, yesterday: Germany: 298 Denmark: 10 Norway: 11 Sweden: 57 United States: 55,442 13 hours ago
- This is really tough news. Marty has been a passionate supporter of Chicago cinema (and of my own projects as well)… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 15 hours ago
- RT @nomadicmatt: What trip did COVID put on hold for you? 1 day ago
- RT @musicboxtheatre: This Thursday at 7pm, FIRST COW comes to the Music Box Virtual Cinema! For One Night Only, you can watch the acclaime… 1 day ago
- There really is no balm more healing than an ice cold martini. 1 day ago
- 3 things about David Swift’s HOW TO SUCCEED IN BUSINESS WITHOUT REALLY TRYING randomcha.net/2020/07/07/3-t… 1 day ago
- RT @mmpadellan: The Electoral College is worthless and should be abolished. Raise your hand if you agree. 🖐️ 2 days ago
- 3 things about John Badham’s WARGAMES randomcha.net/2020/07/06/3-t… 2 days ago
- Man with a Harmonica. Unsurpassed, really. #RIPMorricone 2 days ago
- This holiday weekend I saw 3 films offering a composite portrait of America: WARGAMES, HOW TO SUCCEED IN BUSINESS… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
Monthly Archives: August 2018
I Wake Up Screaming  1. “Women are all alike.” “For Pete’s sake, what difference does that make? You’ve got to have them. They’re standard equipment.” 2. Mrs. Botticelli. 3. Incessant use of “Somewhere Over the Rainbow” (!)
Star Wars: The Last Jedi  1. Wasted barbecue. 2. “That was a cheap move.” 3. He stutters. 3 other things.
Ed Hamilton has brought the US a number of special rums over the years. This recipe, the final result of much tinkering, is designed to spotlight two of them. Enjoy! HAMILTON SPECIAL DAIQUIRI 2 oz. Hamilton Guyana Rum .5 oz. … Continue reading
Popeye  1. Me Pap, Me Son. 2. A House of Ill Repuke. 3. Flying octopus. 3 other things.
BlacKkKlansman  1. Polaroid. 2. Free at last. 3. Corn oil. Powerful.
Barry Lyndon  1. A plugget of tow. 2. “I volunteer.” 3. A toy carriage pulled along by two sheep.
Autumn Sonata  1. “A mother and a daughter. What a terrible combination of emotions and confusion and destruction.” 2. Glowing green eyes. Red-rimmed eyes. 3. He closes the envelope but does not seal it.
For Your Eyes Only  1. “I adore grateful men.” 2. He smuggles pistachios. 3. They plunge through the stained glass window. 3 other things.
2010  1. Dusty hull. 2. Red calculator. 3. “I understand now, Dr. Chandra. Thank you for telling me the truth.” “You deserve it.”