Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- bette davis
- Christopher Nolan
- comic book movies
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- Joe Dante
- John Huston
- Kartemquin Films
- lili taylor
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- star trek
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- RT @Whimsurge: #BetteDavis #Film https://t.co/12h5iCsZh1 10 hours ago
- "A Haunted Gay Pirate Ship-Themed Tiki Bar" Now see @FoodieAnthony this is what we need in Chicago: westword.com/restaurants/he… 16 hours ago
- Hey @thefilmsociety ... twitter.com/Whimsurge/stat… 1 day ago
- 3 things about Terrence Davies’@BENEDICTION randomcha.net/2022/05/16/3-t… 1 day ago
- Such bullshit. twitter.com/BauerJournalis… 1 day ago
- RT @musicboxtheatre: TFW you're watching a 35MM screening of BOOGIE NIGHTS at The Chicago Critics Film Festival Monday at 7pm Get Tickets… 1 day ago
- Music from the shoreline shopping mall nightclub of your most intimate fantasy. Turn down the lights and get closer. mypetflamingo.bandcamp.com/album/couples-… 2 days ago
- Looking forward to catching the newest Terrence Davies masterpiece at @CriticsFf today. 2 days ago
- 3 things about James Ivory’s A ROOM WITH A VIEW randomcha.net/2022/05/15/3-t… 2 days ago
- RT @Whimsurge: #KevinCostner #Film #Movies https://t.co/YFVM2hUFv1 2 days ago
Monthly Archives: February 2019
Minding the Gap  1. He won’t stop until the skateboard is really and truly wrecked. 2. “You can’t beat up women, but … sometimes a bitch needs to get slapped.” 3. Bing says, “Cut.” And moves his head slightly. … Continue reading
Quintet  1. “It doesn’t transmit. The information’s still there.” 2. She lifts her arm from the fire, looks down with some curiosity at her own smoldering hand. 3. Light fixture melting the ice. 3 other things.
I, Tonya  1. Smoking on the ice. 2. “I made her peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.” 3. A headbutt to the glass door.
Wonderstruck  1. The only time I believe I’ve ever heard Robert Fripp on a film’s soundtrack. 2. James A Michener on display in the bookstore. 3. F-R-I-E-N-D.
The Image Book  1. “Brecht said in reality only a fragment carries the mark of authenticity.” 2. Joan interrupted. 3. Phlegmy cough in surround sound.
Frenzy  1. Potato cunnilingus. 2. The way she pronounces it “tuh-quil-uh.” 3. Beating a dead corpse.
House of Usher  1. Blonde Vincent Price. 2. “Still here? I suggest you leave, Mr. Winthrop. No? Then perish with us.” 3. Those paintings!
The Strange Woman  1. She seductively shows off the bruises from her father’s beating. 2. “But … the rain. You know what happens to the roads in the rain.” “Yes. They get very muddy, but they don’t change the … Continue reading
Heart of a Dog  1. Painting with static electricity. 2. Mother meditation. 3. To feel sad without being sad. 3 other things.
Tom of Finland  1. A motorcycle club without motorcycles. 2. Chasing the rabbit around the hospital room. 3. “Almost everyone is like us in California.”