Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- Joe Dante
- John Huston
- Marlon Brando
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- Reeling Film Festival
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- star trek
- the thin man
- twin peaks
- Woody Allen
- "Who gives a fuckin' shit how long a scene is?!" twitter.com/nickusen/statu… 4 hours ago
- Today's foggy weather can only mean one thing: after work I'm heading to Lost Lake for a few hours of tropical healing. 9 hours ago
- One of my favorite movies at age 13 was DEAD OF WINTER. Mary Steenburgen rules. So it was pretty awesome to finally… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- 3 things about Joseph H. Lewis’s MY NAME IS JULIA ROSS randomcha.net/2019/06/17/3-t… 1 day ago
- 3 things about François Ozon’s FRANTZ randomcha.net/2019/06/15/3-t… 3 days ago
- Ozon. FRANTZ. How does he do it? Every single film! A master. 3 days ago
- 3 things about Alex Thompson & Kelly O’Sullivan’s SAINT FRANCES randomcha.net/2019/06/14/3-t… 4 days ago
- Just one gem from last night's movie: author of the book "Resting Rich Face." 4 days ago
- Wow. SAINT FRANCES really is all that. Tremendous. 4 days ago
- Watched LOST HIGHWAY three times opening weekend. Yeah, I know. twitter.com/steveshanyaski… 5 days ago
Monthly Archives: February 2019
Minding the Gap  1. He won’t stop until the skateboard is really and truly wrecked. 2. “You can’t beat up women, but … sometimes a bitch needs to get slapped.” 3. Bing says, “Cut.” And moves his head slightly. … Continue reading
Quintet  1. “It doesn’t transmit. The information’s still there.” 2. She lifts her arm from the fire, looks down with some curiosity at her own smoldering hand. 3. Light fixture melting the ice. 3 other things.
I, Tonya  1. Smoking on the ice. 2. “I made her peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.” 3. A headbutt to the glass door.
Wonderstruck  1. The only time I believe I’ve ever heard Robert Fripp on a film’s soundtrack. 2. James A Michener on display in the bookstore. 3. F-R-I-E-N-D.
The Image Book  1. “Brecht said in reality only a fragment carries the mark of authenticity.” 2. Joan interrupted. 3. Phlegmy cough in surround sound.
Frenzy  1. Potato cunnilingus. 2. The way she pronounces it “tuh-quil-uh.” 3. Beating a dead corpse.
House of Usher  1. Blonde Vincent Price. 2. “Still here? I suggest you leave, Mr. Winthrop. No? Then perish with us.” 3. Those paintings!