Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- bette davis
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- Joe Dante
- John Huston
- Kartemquin Films
- lili taylor
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- star trek
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- tfw you can't decide what to watch and then say hey why don't I watch LAURA for the hundredth time 16 hours ago
- 3 things about Michael Anderson’s LOGAN’S RUN randomcha.net/2022/01/27/3-t… 21 hours ago
- If memory serves, I was in Honolulu :) twitter.com/53viroqua/stat… 2 days ago
- NAQOYQASTI perhaps... twitter.com/daveloach2/sta… 2 days ago
- To paraphrase Francis Urquhart, muckraking only happens when there is muck to rake. twitter.com/nytimes/status… 3 days ago
- Michael Shannon is a goldarn treasure. chicagomag.com/chicago-magazi… 3 days ago
- Later, during opening weekend in Chicago, I went to see it twice on Friday and once on Saturday. One of the most hy… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- RT @chi_streets: For far too long alderpeople have accepted the sad reality of reporting uncleared sidewalks to 311 and uphold the status q… 4 days ago
- Congrats! ALA knows quality when we see it. twitter.com/DavidWondrich/… 4 days ago
- Tom Hanks is great. 4 days ago
Monthly Archives: March 2019
Gates of Heaven  1. As humans, we don’t really know one another; but we know our pets. 2. Memorial marker: “I Knew Love. — I Had A Dog.” 3. Outdoor electric guitar. 100 watts per channel.
Tales from the Hood 2  1. His name is Portifoy Simms … a nod to Ossie Davis in the pilot episode of Night Gallery? 2. Cards Against Humanity does not translate well to film. 3. A fleet of Klan … Continue reading
The Dark  1. That robe. 2. Jelly donut splatter. 3. He sends her on her way and strokes his mustache. Prime example of a movie that utterly terrified me as a kid. Those laser eyes!
Desperate Living  1. “Look at those disgusting trees, stealing my oxygen! I can’t stand this scenery another minute! Natural forests should be turned into housing developments! I want cement covering every blade of grass in this nation!” 2. Child … Continue reading
Die Another Day  1. A low point of the series: the opening credits sequence is an extended torture fantasy. 2. Before the dive, a quick wink. 3. “I think I broke her heart.” After a comprehensive rewatch of every … Continue reading
The World Is Not Enough  1. Tumbling down the roof of the Millennium Dome. 2. “I came prepared for a cold reception.” 3. Cutaway office. 3 other things.
The Adventures of Robin Hood  1. Saucy fellow. 2. Shimmering black gown with forest green headpiece. 3. Splatters of candle wax on the stone floor.
This is a still from Lilli Carré’s animated segment in Roy’s World: Barry Gifford’s Chicago, which is narrated by Lili Taylor. You can read the story it’s based on at Chicagoist.
Chappaquiddick  1. “Fortunately for us, it looks like Ted’s big brother arranged for just that.” 2. Foam from the mouth. 3. He takes off his shoes.