Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- Kartemquin Films
- lili taylor
- Marlon Brando
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- Reeling Film Festival
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- Happy Birthday to @joe_dante! Here we are outside of Nightingale in Chicago, August 2012, sharing a Schlitz. https://t.co/fjqNIyCbBB 53 minutes ago
- Why isn't there a decent DVD or BR of AND THEN THERE WERE NONE? Or have I just not found one for sale? 1 hour ago
- Video game content I can get behind. twitter.com/DoctorCuriosit… 3 hours ago
- 44,152 / 50,000 WORDS UPDATE #nanowrimo2020 So close, and yet ... argh. nanowrimo.org/participants/r… 1 day ago
- Oh REALLY? twitter.com/whatonnetflix/… 1 day ago
- RT @RoysWorldFilm: This year, we're thankful that despite everything we were somehow able to share the film with viewers in both the US and… 1 day ago
- 3 things about Juliano Dornelles & Kleber Mendonça Filho’s BACURAU randomcha.net/2020/11/25/3-t… 3 days ago
- Fincher is a dweeb & totally uncool, pass it on. twitter.com/kodakshootfilm… 3 days ago
- RT @papalia_chris: @JennaEllisEsq Here's a 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭 Teddy Roosevelt quote: “To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or t… 3 days ago
- Legend. twitter.com/LoganKenny1/st… 4 days ago
Monthly Archives: March 2019
Gates of Heaven  1. As humans, we don’t really know one another; but we know our pets. 2. Memorial marker: “I Knew Love. — I Had A Dog.” 3. Outdoor electric guitar. 100 watts per channel.
Tales from the Hood 2  1. His name is Portifoy Simms … a nod to Ossie Davis in the pilot episode of Night Gallery? 2. Cards Against Humanity does not translate well to film. 3. A fleet of Klan … Continue reading
The Dark  1. That robe. 2. Jelly donut splatter. 3. He sends her on her way and strokes his mustache. Prime example of a movie that utterly terrified me as a kid. Those laser eyes!
Desperate Living  1. “Look at those disgusting trees, stealing my oxygen! I can’t stand this scenery another minute! Natural forests should be turned into housing developments! I want cement covering every blade of grass in this nation!” 2. Child … Continue reading
Die Another Day  1. A low point of the series: the opening credits sequence is an extended torture fantasy. 2. Before the dive, a quick wink. 3. “I think I broke her heart.” After a comprehensive rewatch of every … Continue reading
The World Is Not Enough  1. Tumbling down the roof of the Millennium Dome. 2. “I came prepared for a cold reception.” 3. Cutaway office. 3 other things.
The Adventures of Robin Hood  1. Saucy fellow. 2. Shimmering black gown with forest green headpiece. 3. Splatters of candle wax on the stone floor.
This is a still from Lilli Carré’s animated segment in Roy’s World: Barry Gifford’s Chicago, which is narrated by Lili Taylor. You can read the story it’s based on at Chicagoist.
Chappaquiddick  1. “Fortunately for us, it looks like Ted’s big brother arranged for just that.” 2. Foam from the mouth. 3. He takes off his shoes.