Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- lili taylor
- Marlon Brando
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- Reeling Film Festival
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- star trek
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- This is wild & amazing. As a Colorado native, it's going to feel really special to be there in person. Looks like… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 hour ago
- I envy those who are able to get to this screening. twitter.com/tpaleyfilm/sta… 16 hours ago
- So on board. twitter.com/DEADLINE/statu… 16 hours ago
- RT @LakeviewRoscoe: Join Carpe Librum Chicago this Saturday from 12-5PM for a nonprofit used book sale at @MusicBoxTheatre, benefiting Turn… 18 hours ago
- 3 things about Mitchell Leisen’s NO MAN OF HER OWN randomcha.net/2021/06/15/3-t… 21 hours ago
- It's true & I can't wait to tell you more soon! twitter.com/RoysWorldFilm/… 23 hours ago
- 3 things about Alfonso Cuarón’s CHILDREN OF MEN randomcha.net/2021/06/14/3-t… 1 day ago
- RT @FilmLinc: Happy 78th birthday to Malcolm McDowell, seen here with Mary Steenburgen attending Jonathan Demme's MELVIN AND HOWARD, the Op… 2 days ago
- 3 things about Franklin J. Schaffner’s PLANET OF THE APES randomcha.net/2021/06/13/3-t… 2 days ago
- CLASSIC! Geggy Tah – Whoever You Are youtu.be/1jSOQBcz9hc 2 days ago
Monthly Archives: March 2019
Gates of Heaven  1. As humans, we don’t really know one another; but we know our pets. 2. Memorial marker: “I Knew Love. — I Had A Dog.” 3. Outdoor electric guitar. 100 watts per channel.
Tales from the Hood 2  1. His name is Portifoy Simms … a nod to Ossie Davis in the pilot episode of Night Gallery? 2. Cards Against Humanity does not translate well to film. 3. A fleet of Klan … Continue reading
The Dark  1. That robe. 2. Jelly donut splatter. 3. He sends her on her way and strokes his mustache. Prime example of a movie that utterly terrified me as a kid. Those laser eyes!
Desperate Living  1. “Look at those disgusting trees, stealing my oxygen! I can’t stand this scenery another minute! Natural forests should be turned into housing developments! I want cement covering every blade of grass in this nation!” 2. Child … Continue reading
Die Another Day  1. A low point of the series: the opening credits sequence is an extended torture fantasy. 2. Before the dive, a quick wink. 3. “I think I broke her heart.” After a comprehensive rewatch of every … Continue reading
The World Is Not Enough  1. Tumbling down the roof of the Millennium Dome. 2. “I came prepared for a cold reception.” 3. Cutaway office. 3 other things.
The Adventures of Robin Hood  1. Saucy fellow. 2. Shimmering black gown with forest green headpiece. 3. Splatters of candle wax on the stone floor.
This is a still from Lilli Carré’s animated segment in Roy’s World: Barry Gifford’s Chicago, which is narrated by Lili Taylor. You can read the story it’s based on at Chicagoist.
Chappaquiddick  1. “Fortunately for us, it looks like Ted’s big brother arranged for just that.” 2. Foam from the mouth. 3. He takes off his shoes.