Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- bette davis
- Christopher Nolan
- comic book movies
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- Joe Dante
- John Huston
- Kartemquin Films
- lili taylor
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- star trek
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- I sure wish I could be there! Could you go in my stead and let me know what you think? twitter.com/RoysWorldFilm/… 1 day ago
- 3 things about Kiyoshi Kurosawa’s PULSE randomcha.net/2022/07/04/3-t… 1 day ago
- Happy Independence Day! twitter.com/backwards_rive… 1 day ago
- 3 things about David Cronenberg’s CRIMES OF THE FUTURE randomcha.net/2022/07/03/3-t… 2 days ago
- Possibly my favorite moment in the new Cronenberg? "Careful. Don't spill." 2 days ago
- I can never unsee this picture. twitter.com/Trendane/statu… 2 days ago
- Celebrating the long summer weekend by finally watching CRIMES OF THE FUTURE at @musicboxtheatre. Need some feel good entertainment. 3 days ago
- Time to finally watch PULSE. 3 days ago
- 3 things about Leo Hurwitz’s STRANGE VICTORY randomcha.net/2022/06/30/3-t… 5 days ago
- Nothing can ever prepare you as a filmmaker for the absurd onslaught of last-minute legal frippery that engulfs you… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago
Monthly Archives: April 2019
Nostalgia  1. Petting the dog as he drifts off to sleep. 2. The debris is a landscape in miniature. 3. Sheltering the candle with his coat.
Tokyo!  1. He opens the bathroom door and the chair is sitting in the bathtub. 2. Flowers and money. 3. Neat stacks of pizza boxes. So-so.
High Life  1. Learning to walk, learning to stand. 2. A series of dissolves shows him turning into earth. 3. Horizontal golden band.
Ravagers  1. At first he’s not sure what to do with the fork. 2. Art Carney playing “Tea for Two” on a piano. 3. A bullet to the gut finishes off Ernest Borgnine.
Professor Marston and the Wonder Women  1. “When will you stop justifying the whims of your cock with science?” 2. 50-60% less bondage. 3. A new stove.
American Gigolo  1. “I know what I see.” 2. Laying out his wardrobe, creating outfits. 3. The ultimate humbling: driving a Pinto. Interesting that both David Thomson and Bret Easton Ellis write about it in their new books.
Scarlet Street  1. He carefully, adroitly slices the liver. 2. “I’ve been out to dinner with him three times this week and now he’s talking about breakfast.” 3. A chair for a nightstand. 3 other things. Possibly my favorite … Continue reading
Dark Money  1. The office is located in its own little house. 2. Why lobby a politician when you can instead buy them outright at the very beginning? 3. A 3-3 vote on everything.
Transit  1. The whole film is a bartender’s story! 2. Omnipresent heavily-armed guards outside the American Consulate. 3. Suddenly, she’s just not there. Tightly coiled, frightening, uniquely relevant.
In Harm’s Way  1. They both toss their pineapple garnishes off the veranda. 2. Bullet through the cheek. 3. “I’m so scared my bones are clicking, like dice on a Reno crap table.”