Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- lili taylor
- Marlon Brando
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- Reeling Film Festival
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- star trek
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- RT @Bookshop_Org: Keep your dollars in your community by supporting local indie bookstores on Bookshop.org, where you’ll get FRE… 1 day ago
- 3 things about Nicholas Ray’s BIGGER THAN LIFE randomcha.net/2021/06/20/3-t… 2 days ago
- 3 things about Jordan Peele’s GET OUT randomcha.net/2021/06/19/3-t… 3 days ago
- RT @RobynHitchcock: In my experience, nothing is entirely possible 3 days ago
- 3 things about George Miller and George Ogilvie’s MAD MAX BEYOND THUNDERDOME randomcha.net/2021/06/18/3-t… 4 days ago
- YESSIR. twitter.com/itsbengordon/s… 5 days ago
- 3 things about Mitchell Leisen’s MURDER AT THE VANITIES randomcha.net/2021/06/17/3-t… 5 days ago
- ROY’S WORLD gets its first live, in-person screening in North America! randomcha.net/2021/06/16/roy… 6 days ago
- This is wild & amazing. As a Colorado native, it's going to feel really special to be there in person. Looks like… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 days ago
- I envy those who are able to get to this screening. twitter.com/tpaleyfilm/sta… 1 week ago
Monthly Archives: February 2020
“Doc”  1. Born into the line. 2. Crude BBQ brush. 3. “I guess he reminded me of too many things.”
Us  1. Two important coffee tables. 2. Putting on lip gloss. 3. Neck crunch.
That’s right, just seven days until the Glasgow Film Festival hosts the very first screening of Roy’s World: Barry Gifford’s Chicago! I’ll be there in person along with producer Michael Glover Smith for both shows, February 28 and 29. To … Continue reading
Vitalina Varela  1. Barefoot on the tarmac. 2. The sound of men on the roof. 3. Windowbars frame his face as a sun.
In Roy’s World, I used a whole lot of images from various collections of the Chicago Film Archives. So when CFA asked me to be one of 2020’s “remixers” I was delighted to accept! I’m already digging into some materials … Continue reading
Rope  1. Namedropping James Mason, Cary Grant, Ingrid Bergman. 2. Dropping the rope into the kitchen drawer. 3. “Cat and mouse, cat and mouse, who’s the cat and who’s the mouse!” 3 other things.
Sisters  1. The African Club. A black waiter wearing a tuxedo jacket but no shirt. 2. Smashed cake. 3. A sofa in Quebec.
Creepshow  1. “I can hold my breath for a long, long time!” Leslie Nielsen freeze frame. 2. She takes along her spiked milk for the drive. 3. Violin gesture.
Shadow of a Doubt (1943) 1. She includes Veronica Lake in her prayers. 2. “Do you always have to talk about killing people?” “We’re not talking about killing people. Herb’s talking about killing me, and I’m talking about killing him.” “It’s … Continue reading
The Player  1. “That pipsqueak?” 2. “Rumors are always true, you know that.” 3. “Who is this person?” 3 other things.