Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- bette davis
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- lili taylor
- Marlon Brando
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- Reeling Film Festival
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- star trek
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- Got to read this. A project that only Paul Auster would attempt. twitter.com/HenryHolt/stat… 3 hours ago
- Leonard Maltin as a one-man justice squad = a film I would pay to see. twitter.com/leonardmaltin/… 6 hours ago
- RT @stephens_ben: Oh my sweet summer child. https://t.co/xJGtZqUqlu 1 day ago
- 3 things about Nicolas Meyer’s STAR TREK VI: THE UNDISCOVERED COUNTRY randomcha.net/2021/09/19/3-t… 1 day ago
- RT @SooFilmFest: Our next block of films starting at 4:30pm presents the story of poet, author, and screenwriter Barry Gifford and 1950s Ch… 2 days ago
- Lounging with George + Henry + Jackie open.spotify.com/playlist/5trc5… 2 days ago
- 3 things about Ted Bogosian’s LIVE AT MISTER KELLY’S randomcha.net/2021/09/18/3-t… 2 days ago
- 3 things about Alexander Nanau’s COLLECTIVE randomcha.net/2021/09/16/3-t… 4 days ago
- RT @whitecitycinema: New Yorkers: The full @BuffaloFilmFest lineup has been announced! Of course, it’s great. Get your tix for the ROY’S WO… 4 days ago
- 3 things about John Huston’s IN THIS OUR LIFE randomcha.net/2021/09/15/3-t… 5 days ago
Monthly Archives: March 2020
A Little Princess  1. Channeling Margaret Hamilton! 2. She skips gaily past them, saying, “Hello.” 3. Water droplets on a yellow rose.
Q Planes  1. Nonsensical compacts. 2. Cooking stew as a catalyst for deep thinking. 3. A closet entirely filled with identical umbrellas and bowler hats.
Can You Ever Forgive Me?  1. “Do you have a letter of authentication for the letter of authentication?” 2. Ossified cat turds under the bed. 3. Baking sheets of paper.
Fail-Safe  1. He slaps her and then says, “I’m not your kind.” 2. Tight shot of the back of Henry Fonda’s neck. 3. Matador. The roar of the engines, the roar of the crowd.
A Dandy in Aspic  1. Is Nevil just a boytoy? Is he gay? No clues. 2. Slate gray sky, wet wooden pier. 3. Berlin’s mascot: Kinky Bear.
Orlando  1. Hoop-skirt maneuvering. 2. “You suffer in advance.” 3. As she washes her face, the air around her is alive with particles of gold dust.
Fool for Love  1. Unsuccessful attempt to repair the bed.2. The gunshot triggers the jukebox to start playing.3. He opens the door to the smoldering trailer and steps inside. Shortly thereafter it fully bursts into flames.
Pacific Rim  1. Chasing rabbits. 2. “You like the name? I took it from my favorite historical character and my second-favorite Szechuan restaurant in Brooklyn.” 3. A stockpile of crisply folded dress shirts.
My Man Godfrey  1. “I know what you mean, if you know what I mean.” 2. Exiting through the side window. 3. A swank nightclub called The Dump.
Don’t Think I’ve Forgotten: Cambodia’s Lost Rock & Roll  1. When two elephants fight, it’s the grass that gets trampled. 2. One week later he was dead. 3. Emulating The Shadows. An excellent portrait of creativity’s resilience. Really nourishing. … Continue reading