Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- bette davis
- Christopher Nolan
- comic book movies
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- Joe Dante
- John Huston
- Kartemquin Films
- lili taylor
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- star trek
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- I sure wish I could be there! Could you go in my stead and let me know what you think? twitter.com/RoysWorldFilm/… 1 day ago
- 3 things about Kiyoshi Kurosawa’s PULSE randomcha.net/2022/07/04/3-t… 1 day ago
- Happy Independence Day! twitter.com/backwards_rive… 1 day ago
- 3 things about David Cronenberg’s CRIMES OF THE FUTURE randomcha.net/2022/07/03/3-t… 2 days ago
- Possibly my favorite moment in the new Cronenberg? "Careful. Don't spill." 2 days ago
- I can never unsee this picture. twitter.com/Trendane/statu… 2 days ago
- Celebrating the long summer weekend by finally watching CRIMES OF THE FUTURE at @musicboxtheatre. Need some feel good entertainment. 3 days ago
- Time to finally watch PULSE. 3 days ago
- 3 things about Leo Hurwitz’s STRANGE VICTORY randomcha.net/2022/06/30/3-t… 5 days ago
- Nothing can ever prepare you as a filmmaker for the absurd onslaught of last-minute legal frippery that engulfs you… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago
Monthly Archives: March 2020
A Little Princess  1. Channeling Margaret Hamilton! 2. She skips gaily past them, saying, “Hello.” 3. Water droplets on a yellow rose.
Q Planes  1. Nonsensical compacts. 2. Cooking stew as a catalyst for deep thinking. 3. A closet entirely filled with identical umbrellas and bowler hats.
Can You Ever Forgive Me?  1. “Do you have a letter of authentication for the letter of authentication?” 2. Ossified cat turds under the bed. 3. Baking sheets of paper.
Fail-Safe  1. He slaps her and then says, “I’m not your kind.” 2. Tight shot of the back of Henry Fonda’s neck. 3. Matador. The roar of the engines, the roar of the crowd.
A Dandy in Aspic  1. Is Nevil just a boytoy? Is he gay? No clues. 2. Slate gray sky, wet wooden pier. 3. Berlin’s mascot: Kinky Bear.
Orlando  1. Hoop-skirt maneuvering. 2. “You suffer in advance.” 3. As she washes her face, the air around her is alive with particles of gold dust.
Fool for Love  1. Unsuccessful attempt to repair the bed.2. The gunshot triggers the jukebox to start playing.3. He opens the door to the smoldering trailer and steps inside. Shortly thereafter it fully bursts into flames.
Pacific Rim  1. Chasing rabbits. 2. “You like the name? I took it from my favorite historical character and my second-favorite Szechuan restaurant in Brooklyn.” 3. A stockpile of crisply folded dress shirts.
My Man Godfrey  1. “I know what you mean, if you know what I mean.” 2. Exiting through the side window. 3. A swank nightclub called The Dump.
Don’t Think I’ve Forgotten: Cambodia’s Lost Rock & Roll  1. When two elephants fight, it’s the grass that gets trampled. 2. One week later he was dead. 3. Emulating The Shadows. An excellent portrait of creativity’s resilience. Really nourishing. … Continue reading