Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- Kartemquin Films
- lili taylor
- Marlon Brando
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- Reeling Film Festival
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- Wallace Shawn, as usual, cuts to the heart of things: nybooks.com/daily/2020/10/… 1 hour ago
- Possible coping strategy: getting massively baked and watching lots of Ernie Kovacs on @Tubi. 13 hours ago
- RT @RealLyndaCarter: This week, I’m spinning into my best superhero gear! Walk, run, or spin on down to the polls and vote early for @JoeBi… 14 hours ago
- After 2 weeks of multiple health screens and asking everyone to quarantine, I surprised my closest inner circle wit… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 16 hours ago
- Do it, Texas! cc @wileywiggins twitter.com/DanielDKraus/s… 19 hours ago
- 3 things about Luchina Fisher’s MAMA GLORIA randomcha.net/2020/10/27/3-t… 19 hours ago
- Help support @CHIRPRadio! go.rallyup.com/e0f1e0 23 hours ago
- RT @samesmail: People in Wisconsin. Trump’s criminal Supreme Court has fucked you over. Read this to make sure your vote gets counted. http… 1 day ago
- JOKER. Finally saw it. A film so bereft of originality, insight, and surprise it almost made me wish I was watching FIGHT CLUB. Almost. 1 day ago
- After remaining ambivalent about the idea for a long time, this is what convinced me: vox.com/21424582/filib… twitter.com/SenMarkey/stat… 1 day ago
Monthly Archives: March 2020
A Little Princess  1. Channeling Margaret Hamilton! 2. She skips gaily past them, saying, “Hello.” 3. Water droplets on a yellow rose.
Q Planes  1. Nonsensical compacts. 2. Cooking stew as a catalyst for deep thinking. 3. A closet entirely filled with identical umbrellas and bowler hats.
Can You Ever Forgive Me?  1. “Do you have a letter of authentication for the letter of authentication?” 2. Ossified cat turds under the bed. 3. Baking sheets of paper.
Fail-Safe  1. He slaps her and then says, “I’m not your kind.” 2. Tight shot of the back of Henry Fonda’s neck. 3. Matador. The roar of the engines, the roar of the crowd.
A Dandy in Aspic  1. Is Nevil just a boytoy? Is he gay? No clues. 2. Slate gray sky, wet wooden pier. 3. Berlin’s mascot: Kinky Bear.
Orlando  1. Hoop-skirt maneuvering. 2. “You suffer in advance.” 3. As she washes her face, the air around her is alive with particles of gold dust.
Fool for Love  1. Unsuccessful attempt to repair the bed.2. The gunshot triggers the jukebox to start playing.3. He opens the door to the smoldering trailer and steps inside. Shortly thereafter it fully bursts into flames.
Pacific Rim  1. Chasing rabbits. 2. “You like the name? I took it from my favorite historical character and my second-favorite Szechuan restaurant in Brooklyn.” 3. A stockpile of crisply folded dress shirts.
My Man Godfrey  1. “I know what you mean, if you know what I mean.” 2. Exiting through the side window. 3. A swank nightclub called The Dump.
Don’t Think I’ve Forgotten: Cambodia’s Lost Rock & Roll  1. When two elephants fight, it’s the grass that gets trampled. 2. One week later he was dead. 3. Emulating The Shadows. An excellent portrait of creativity’s resilience. Really nourishing. … Continue reading