Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- lili taylor
- Marlon Brando
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- Reeling Film Festival
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- star trek
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- This is wild & amazing. As a Colorado native, it's going to feel really special to be there in person. Looks like… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 25 minutes ago
- I envy those who are able to get to this screening. twitter.com/tpaleyfilm/sta… 15 hours ago
- So on board. twitter.com/DEADLINE/statu… 15 hours ago
- RT @LakeviewRoscoe: Join Carpe Librum Chicago this Saturday from 12-5PM for a nonprofit used book sale at @MusicBoxTheatre, benefiting Turn… 16 hours ago
- 3 things about Mitchell Leisen’s NO MAN OF HER OWN randomcha.net/2021/06/15/3-t… 19 hours ago
- It's true & I can't wait to tell you more soon! twitter.com/RoysWorldFilm/… 22 hours ago
- 3 things about Alfonso Cuarón’s CHILDREN OF MEN randomcha.net/2021/06/14/3-t… 1 day ago
- RT @FilmLinc: Happy 78th birthday to Malcolm McDowell, seen here with Mary Steenburgen attending Jonathan Demme's MELVIN AND HOWARD, the Op… 2 days ago
- 3 things about Franklin J. Schaffner’s PLANET OF THE APES randomcha.net/2021/06/13/3-t… 2 days ago
- CLASSIC! Geggy Tah – Whoever You Are youtu.be/1jSOQBcz9hc 2 days ago
Monthly Archives: March 2020
A Little Princess  1. Channeling Margaret Hamilton! 2. She skips gaily past them, saying, “Hello.” 3. Water droplets on a yellow rose.
Q Planes  1. Nonsensical compacts. 2. Cooking stew as a catalyst for deep thinking. 3. A closet entirely filled with identical umbrellas and bowler hats.
Can You Ever Forgive Me?  1. “Do you have a letter of authentication for the letter of authentication?” 2. Ossified cat turds under the bed. 3. Baking sheets of paper.
Fail-Safe  1. He slaps her and then says, “I’m not your kind.” 2. Tight shot of the back of Henry Fonda’s neck. 3. Matador. The roar of the engines, the roar of the crowd.
A Dandy in Aspic  1. Is Nevil just a boytoy? Is he gay? No clues. 2. Slate gray sky, wet wooden pier. 3. Berlin’s mascot: Kinky Bear.
Orlando  1. Hoop-skirt maneuvering. 2. “You suffer in advance.” 3. As she washes her face, the air around her is alive with particles of gold dust.
Fool for Love  1. Unsuccessful attempt to repair the bed.2. The gunshot triggers the jukebox to start playing.3. He opens the door to the smoldering trailer and steps inside. Shortly thereafter it fully bursts into flames.
Pacific Rim  1. Chasing rabbits. 2. “You like the name? I took it from my favorite historical character and my second-favorite Szechuan restaurant in Brooklyn.” 3. A stockpile of crisply folded dress shirts.
My Man Godfrey  1. “I know what you mean, if you know what I mean.” 2. Exiting through the side window. 3. A swank nightclub called The Dump.
Don’t Think I’ve Forgotten: Cambodia’s Lost Rock & Roll  1. When two elephants fight, it’s the grass that gets trampled. 2. One week later he was dead. 3. Emulating The Shadows. An excellent portrait of creativity’s resilience. Really nourishing. … Continue reading