Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- Kartemquin Films
- lili taylor
- Marlon Brando
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- Reeling Film Festival
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- RT @bluenoterecords: What's the vibe this weekend? Hits: bluenote.lnk.to/BlueNoteClassi… New: bluenote.lnk.to/JazzNow Discovery: https://t.co/Aldf… 10 hours ago
- Finally caught up with CAMERAPERSON. Whoa. Startling, in wonderful wys. 1 day ago
- Our go-to for thin crust is @pizzeriaaroma ... truly a comfort these days. twitter.com/joefav/status/… 1 day ago
- Price gouging amidst a pandemic, enabled by this fucking administration. Screw them all. twitter.com/theintercept/s… 2 days ago
- RT @AshcanPress: I have a Carl Reiner story that I hold very dear to me. I figured I'd share it today, on the day of his passing, because I… 3 days ago
- 3 things about Rainer Werner Fassbinder’s IN A YEAR WITH 13 MOONS randomcha.net/2020/06/30/3-t… 3 days ago
- Amidst a crappy day, here's a genuine ray of joy. twitter.com/MetroBrewing/s… 3 days ago
- Sigh. From the owner of my local indie used bookstore. These are the kinds of wrenching decisions a lot of folks ar… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- So fucking pathetic and dangerous. twitter.com/FlicklundTweet… 3 days ago
- I am so on board with this film (or any Ozon film TBH). twitter.com/francois_ozon/… 4 days ago
Monthly Archives: May 2020
The Circus  1. A sudden menagerie. 2. Rapidly ascending the rope. 3. Heading back out into the world, alone. 3 other things.
1917  1. Hanging bags and climbing rats. 2. German soldiers with knives. 3. Contrived lone tree.
Gun Crazy  1. Russ Tamblyn, completely rain-drenched, lying in the street, looking up at the policeman. 2. Thick fog. Splashes. Voices. 3. Wearing a fur coat on a roller coaster. 3 other things.
5 Against the House  1. Cutting edge parking garage. 2. A $5 bet he’ll never collect. 3. Heavy petting while driving.
Dark Waters  1. A field of mounds. 2. Christmas card from 1957. 3. “The system is rigged. They want us to believe that it’ll protect us, but that’s a lie. We protect us. We do. Nobody else. Not the … Continue reading
Un Flic  1. A seemingly deserted block of highrise apartment buildings with a bank on the corner. Wind, rain, seaspray. 2. Jawdroppingly unconvincing miniatures: a toy train pursued by a toy helicopter. 3. Delon and Deneuve are two of … Continue reading
The Big Knife  1. “Never underestimate a man just because you don’t like him.” 2. Backscratcher as seduction tool. 3. Fake hearing-aid.
Roar  1. Davey doesn’t want to leave the house. 2. “Oh God, look what the cat dragged in.” 3. The unexpectedly sensual image of an unconscious ‘Tippi’ Hedren in closeup as liquid honey pours onto her head and coats … Continue reading
The Double  1. “Sukiyaki” on the jukebox. 2. Bent over to spy through a hole in the kitchen’s service door. 3. “Give Rudolf his arm back!”
Moonstruck  1. Vicki Carr. 2. Kiss. “Wait a minute, wait a minute!” Kiss. 3. Sharing oatmeal in the kitchen.