Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- lili taylor
- Marlon Brando
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- Reeling Film Festival
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- star trek
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- 3 things about Leo McCarey’s MY SON JOHN randomcha.net/2021/05/15/3-t… 10 hours ago
- RT @FilmLinc: Happy Birthday, David Byrne! https://t.co/z0fviWu7WS 1 day ago
- RT @Scott_Heim: Four things I worship in early disco tracks: 1. frenetic congos 2. orgasmic background vocals 3. VIOLINS, preferably OVERDR… 3 days ago
- A true Chicago legend. twitter.com/RoysWorldFilm/… 3 days ago
- 3 things about Roy Andersson’s ABOUT ENDLESSNESS randomcha.net/2021/05/12/3-t… 3 days ago
- Ah, internet outage at home this morning means ... no work? 4 days ago
- 3 things about Quentin Tarantino’s PULP FICTION randomcha.net/2021/05/10/3-t… 5 days ago
- RT @kphipps3000: This creates a tremendous opening to bring back the Blockbuster Entertainment Awards. 5 days ago
- The equal of Dylan's "Nashville Skyline," which was being recorded at the same time at the same studio!… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 days ago
- 50% heartwarming/50% eerie. twitter.com/therealraywise… 6 days ago
Monthly Archives: May 2020
The Circus  1. A sudden menagerie. 2. Rapidly ascending the rope. 3. Heading back out into the world, alone. 3 other things.
1917  1. Hanging bags and climbing rats. 2. German soldiers with knives. 3. Contrived lone tree.
Gun Crazy  1. Russ Tamblyn, completely rain-drenched, lying in the street, looking up at the policeman. 2. Thick fog. Splashes. Voices. 3. Wearing a fur coat on a roller coaster. 3 other things.
5 Against the House  1. Cutting edge parking garage. 2. A $5 bet he’ll never collect. 3. Heavy petting while driving.
Dark Waters  1. A field of mounds. 2. Christmas card from 1957. 3. “The system is rigged. They want us to believe that it’ll protect us, but that’s a lie. We protect us. We do. Nobody else. Not the … Continue reading
Un Flic  1. A seemingly deserted block of highrise apartment buildings with a bank on the corner. Wind, rain, seaspray. 2. Jawdroppingly unconvincing miniatures: a toy train pursued by a toy helicopter. 3. Delon and Deneuve are two of … Continue reading
The Big Knife  1. “Never underestimate a man just because you don’t like him.” 2. Backscratcher as seduction tool. 3. Fake hearing-aid.
Roar  1. Davey doesn’t want to leave the house. 2. “Oh God, look what the cat dragged in.” 3. The unexpectedly sensual image of an unconscious ‘Tippi’ Hedren in closeup as liquid honey pours onto her head and coats … Continue reading
The Double  1. “Sukiyaki” on the jukebox. 2. Bent over to spy through a hole in the kitchen’s service door. 3. “Give Rudolf his arm back!”
Moonstruck  1. Vicki Carr. 2. Kiss. “Wait a minute, wait a minute!” Kiss. 3. Sharing oatmeal in the kitchen.