Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- lili taylor
- Marlon Brando
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- Reeling Film Festival
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- star trek
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- Leadership. As in, this is what it looks like. twitter.com/POTUS/status/1… 5 hours ago
- 5 years ago I started making this weird thing that I still can't properly describe and now ... !!! https://t.co/AvdOH2La29 6 hours ago
- This. THIS THIS THIS. It includes my mother, my brother, and plenty of other people who ought to know better but in… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 12 hours ago
- 3 things about Jack Arnold’s THE INCREDIBLE SHRINKING MAN randomcha.net/2021/03/01/3-t… 1 day ago
- RT @POETSorg: Dear March - Come in - How glad I am - I hoped for you before - —Emily Dickinson poets.org/poem/dear-marc… #WomensHistoryMon… 1 day ago
- 3 things about Garrett Bradley’s TIME randomcha.net/2021/02/28/3-t… 2 days ago
- RT @RoysWorldFilm: On this day exactly 1 year ago we had our World Premiere at @glasgowfilmfest. Even as we lament the terribleness of the… 2 days ago
- Final days–ROY’S WORLD at Beloit randomcha.net/2021/02/27/fin… 3 days ago
- RT @RoysWorldFilm: Last two days to catch our film! Them that hesitate are late. twitter.com/ChiFilmArchive… 3 days ago
- 3 things about Paul Thomas Anderson’s PHANTOM THREAD randomcha.net/2021/02/27/3-t… 3 days ago
Monthly Archives: June 2020
In a Year with 13 Moons  1. A beer and a shot of bitters. 2. The A1 password is Bergen-Belsen. 3. Spitting three times over her left shoulder.
Ad Astra  1. Freaking out in the Comfort Room. 2. Wispy purple rings. 3. Okay, I can buy someone resorting to hand-to-hand combat with a knife. But no professional astronaut would fire a gun at someone from long range … Continue reading
The Sacrifice  1. The candles, the plates, the wine. 2. A coin falls out of his pocket and rolls along the hardwood floor. 3. Finally, a collapse.
Le Boucher  1. Serene yoga. 2. “I would say nothing. But please don’t.” 3. Expressionlessly she watches the flashing red elevator signal.
The Boy with Green Hair  1. Passed around from household to household. 2. Cro-Magnon emo: a tear on his cheek, half shaved head, tufts of his shorn green hair. 3. “Remember us as having died with millions of other … Continue reading
You Don’t Nomi  1. Twin totems of chips and nails. 2. “I’m so excited! I’m so excited! I’m so–scared.” 3. Gina Gershon played it like a drag queen.
Showgirls  1. Porpoise orgasm. 2. “I have a pussy problem.” 3. Last chance for ice. Utter garbage that accurately conveys what it’s like to spend an extended period of time in Las Vegas.
The Man Who Knew Too Much  1. Closeup of Jimmy Stewart, his bloodshot blue eyes. 2. The shop assistants hastily move the animals out of harm’s way. 3. The dignitaries bristle at her shrill voice. 3 other things.
The Trouble with Harry  1. “She’s a well-preserved woman … and preserves have to be opened someday.” 2. Autonomous closet door. 3. She hates cider.
Many thanks to Philip Raby (creative director of FilmBath Festival) for moderating the Q & A and the whole staff of the Cheltenham International Film Festival for making this happen. (Just a reminder that UK viewers may still purchase a … Continue reading