Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- lili taylor
- Marlon Brando
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- Reeling Film Festival
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- star trek
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- 3 things about Jules Dassin’s UPTIGHT randomcha.net/2021/04/17/3-t… 9 hours ago
- I am so sickened that this is going on in my amazing city. twitter.com/LoganKenny1/st… 2 days ago
- This is just so freaking sad. twitter.com/benkenigsberg/… 5 days ago
- RT @meganeabbott: Today's sorely needed inspo: Anjelica Huston, showing us all how to take on a dreary late-pandemic Monday Photo: Annie… 5 days ago
- Wonderful stuff. twitter.com/Chicago_Reader… 5 days ago
- 3 things about Alain Resnais’ LAST YEAR AT MARIENBAD randomcha.net/2021/04/11/3-t… 6 days ago
- RT @PostCultRev: Fans bully major studio into releasing an extended 4-hour cut of “Last Year at Marienbad” that includes never-before-seen… 6 days ago
- Watched it again last night. https://t.co/Nt9xlwNS3b 6 days ago
- RT @MissMargoPrice: Moderna, J&J and Pfizer teaming up to save the summer https://t.co/14iF2siCH7 1 week ago
- 3 things about Michael Radford’s NINETEEN EIGHTY-FOUR randomcha.net/2021/04/10/3-t… 1 week ago
Monthly Archives: August 2020
The Bitter Tears of Petra von Kant  1. “When you have understanding, there’s no need for pity.” 2. Mannequin sex tableau. 3. White, deep shag carpet.
The Girl with All the Gifts  1. Glug-glug-glug of the canteens being filled. 2. Eating a cat. Eating a bird. 3. Teacher in a cage.
Wow! Immediately following the livestream of Roy’s World: Barry Gifford’s Chicago on Sunday, September 6 at Dances With Films, stick around for a live Q & A featuring yours truly, Barry Gifford, and Lili Taylor. Lili is part of the … Continue reading
Paper Spiders  1. She suddenly notices the security cameras. Her mood changes instantly. 2. Everything converges the night the electricity is shut off. 3. “I haven’t had a drink all day. I’m 100% here for you.”
Phantom Lady  1. “You like jive? “You bet! I’m a hep kitten!” 2. The court proceedings are depicted using stenographer’s notes. 3. On a cabinet against the wall in his bedroom, a large white sculpture of two hands reaching … Continue reading
Another Year  1. During a cloudburst they share a thermos of hot tea underneath the lean-to in the garden. 2. Bad parking. 3. We open on Imelda Staunton’s face, we end on Lesley Manvile’s face. A powerful rhyme.
Tickled  1. “We heard laughter coming through the vents.” 2. Tickle cells. 3. A trove of documents accidentally posted to the public web.
Spaceship Earth  1. “Biosphere 2 isn’t a cautionary tale. We don’t need cautionary tales anymore.” 2. Trouble closing the airlock. 3. Banana wine.
D.A.R.Y.L.  1. Mom hair, mom shorts, doing mom things in the kitchen. 2. On the computer monitor: “I’m scared.” 3. Pole Position for real.
Jasper Mall  1. Starting pay for a maintenance job at the mall: $8/hour. 2. Terrified little girl on the merry-go-round: “I’m going to die!” 3. Ghostly light trails in the vacated J.C. Penney.