Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- lili taylor
- Marlon Brando
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- Reeling Film Festival
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- star trek
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- This Ed O'Brien + Jim Jarmusch livechat on Instagram is so fantastic. Geeking out together while raving about music and film. 2 hours ago
- RT @NoContextTrek: https://t.co/qNQfsDY46F 20 hours ago
- 3 things about Spike Lee’s DA 5 BLOODS randomcha.net/2021/01/20/3-t… 1 day ago
- President Biden. Vice-president Harris. 1 day ago
- RT @jules_su: MORE GAGA LESS MAGA 1 day ago
- If only that was the last time we ever had to hear his voice. "Skyrocket downward." 1 day ago
- RT @sheilakathleen: “I’m not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I’m not dumb… and I also know I’m not blonde.” – Dolly Pa… 2 days ago
- 3 episodes of GOLDEN GIRLS back to back is where I'm at right now. 2 days ago
- 3 things about Steve McQueen’s SMALL AXE: RED, WHITE AND BLUE randomcha.net/2021/01/18/3-t… 3 days ago
- In an alternate timeline, James Burke would be making a limited series about the pandemic. 4 days ago
Monthly Archives: August 2020
The Bitter Tears of Petra von Kant  1. “When you have understanding, there’s no need for pity.” 2. Mannequin sex tableau. 3. White, deep shag carpet.
The Girl with All the Gifts  1. Glug-glug-glug of the canteens being filled. 2. Eating a cat. Eating a bird. 3. Teacher in a cage.
Wow! Immediately following the livestream of Roy’s World: Barry Gifford’s Chicago on Sunday, September 6 at Dances With Films, stick around for a live Q & A featuring yours truly, Barry Gifford, and Lili Taylor. Lili is part of the … Continue reading
Paper Spiders  1. She suddenly notices the security cameras. Her mood changes instantly. 2. Everything converges the night the electricity is shut off. 3. “I haven’t had a drink all day. I’m 100% here for you.”
Phantom Lady  1. “You like jive? “You bet! I’m a hep kitten!” 2. The court proceedings are depicted using stenographer’s notes. 3. On a cabinet against the wall in his bedroom, a large white sculpture of two hands reaching … Continue reading
Another Year  1. During a cloudburst they share a thermos of hot tea underneath the lean-to in the garden. 2. Bad parking. 3. We open on Imelda Staunton’s face, we end on Lesley Manvile’s face. A powerful rhyme.
Tickled  1. “We heard laughter coming through the vents.” 2. Tickle cells. 3. A trove of documents accidentally posted to the public web.
Spaceship Earth  1. “Biosphere 2 isn’t a cautionary tale. We don’t need cautionary tales anymore.” 2. Trouble closing the airlock. 3. Banana wine.
D.A.R.Y.L.  1. Mom hair, mom shorts, doing mom things in the kitchen. 2. On the computer monitor: “I’m scared.” 3. Pole Position for real.
Jasper Mall  1. Starting pay for a maintenance job at the mall: $8/hour. 2. Terrified little girl on the merry-go-round: “I’m going to die!” 3. Ghostly light trails in the vacated J.C. Penney.