Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- bette davis
- Christopher Nolan
- comic book movies
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- Joe Dante
- John Huston
- Kartemquin Films
- lili taylor
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- star trek
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- Who else is going to Film Trivia tonight? twitter.com/facetschicago/… 7 hours ago
- RT @ALALibrary: At a time when librarians across the country are facing baseless allegations and threats of criminal charges for simply doi… 1 day ago
- RT @georgehahn: But, hey… I’m glad we’re pouring time, money, energy and resources into banning books and making sure kids don’t hear about… 1 day ago
- Death, madness, greed, senselessness. 2 days ago
- RT @musicboxtheatre: Join the Music Box team! We have an opening for a House Manager position. Flexible weekend, evening, & holiday availab… 2 days ago
- RT @vesperlynds: waiting for the cronenberg movie reactions https://t.co/oaGj50nAWx 3 days ago
- Do I know anyone in the Hamptons? twitter.com/RoysWorldFilm/… 3 days ago
- 3 things about Isaac Halasima’s WATERMAN randomcha.net/2022/05/22/3-t… 4 days ago
- 3 things about Hayao Miyazaki’s PORCO ROSSO randomcha.net/2022/05/21/3-t… 5 days ago
- RT @Whimsurge: #TopGun #Snoopy #FilmTwitter https://t.co/fju1nQSAWa 6 days ago
Monthly Archives: November 2020
And Then There Were None  1. He samples several cocktails to prove he didn’t poison them. 2. Keyholes within keyholes. 3. A murderer fond of cats.
Daytime Drinking  1. “Hey, do you still dance to weird music when you get drunk?” 2. Heated floors. 3. They’re just business partners. 3 other things.
Bacurau  1. Crowd surfing the suitcase. 2. Nudists with shotguns. 3. “We have all taken a powerful psychotropic drug.”
The Best Man  1. “I don’t understand you.” “I know you don’t. Because you have no sense of responsibility toward anybody or anything. And that is a tragedy in a man, and it is a disaster in a president.” … Continue reading
Something jazzy, something satiny, something fabulous. Mostly instrumental. Here’s a six-hour playlist I created. Enjoy!
The Birds  1. “Which is why the mail never gets delivered in this town.” 2. A fly on the leg of Annie’s corpse. 3. Chipped fingernail polish. 3 other things.
The Housemaid  1. Cut from the children’s game of cat’s cradle to the looms in a textile factory. 2. An embrace. She interlaces her fingers behind his back. 3. Jokey lecture to the audience.
The Prowler  1. A dull library of his voice. 2. In the bedroom of the newlyweds, the sounds of traffic all night long. 3. Primitive generator. 3 other things.
The Haunting  1. No right angles. 2. The door bends. 3. Camera ascending the spiral staircase.
Investigation of a Citizen Above Suspicion  1. Twenty-five blue neckties. 2. A fluttering gallery of oversized fingerprints. 3. Unable to prove his own guilt.