Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- lili taylor
- Marlon Brando
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- Reeling Film Festival
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- star trek
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- It's a real shame that James Burke's CONNECTIONS isn't more easily accessible. Just watched the whole series for th… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 hours ago
- 3 things about Chan-wook Park’s THE HANDMAIDEN randomcha.net/2021/01/25/3-t… 9 hours ago
- This film features the most disturbing line of dialogue Julie Andrews ever delivered: "I'm sticky, Charlie. I'm sti… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 16 hours ago
- Our first presentation of 2021! Stay tuned! twitter.com/RoysWorldFilm/… 16 hours ago
- 3 things about John Sturges’s BY LOVE POSSESSED randomcha.net/2021/01/24/3-t… 1 day ago
- Imagine Paul Thomas Anderson taking this on. twitter.com/JDPCogginbooks… 2 days ago
- New Mop Punch by @DavidWondrich hits the spot. https://t.co/adlQmsI7A0 3 days ago
- RT @chipublib: On Jan. 26, join Kyle Westphal (@thefilmsociety) & Mike Mashon (@librarycongress) in a moderated conversation by Marilyn Fer… 3 days ago
- RT @007: NO TIME TO DIE 8 October 2021 https://t.co/HZlNG5kz8t 3 days ago
- The hype is all true: if you want 85 minutes of life-affirming enchantment, MY OCTOPUS TEACHER is what you need. So beautiful. 3 days ago
Monthly Archives: November 2020
And Then There Were None  1. He samples several cocktails to prove he didn’t poison them. 2. Keyholes within keyholes. 3. A murderer fond of cats.
Daytime Drinking  1. “Hey, do you still dance to weird music when you get drunk?” 2. Heated floors. 3. They’re just business partners. 3 other things.
Bacurau  1. Crowd surfing the suitcase. 2. Nudists with shotguns. 3. “We have all taken a powerful psychotropic drug.”
The Best Man  1. “I don’t understand you.” “I know you don’t. Because you have no sense of responsibility toward anybody or anything. And that is a tragedy in a man, and it is a disaster in a president.” … Continue reading
Something jazzy, something satiny, something fabulous. Mostly instrumental. Here’s a six-hour playlist I created. Enjoy!
The Birds  1. “Which is why the mail never gets delivered in this town.” 2. A fly on the leg of Annie’s corpse. 3. Chipped fingernail polish. 3 other things.
The Housemaid  1. Cut from the children’s game of cat’s cradle to the looms in a textile factory. 2. An embrace. She interlaces her fingers behind his back. 3. Jokey lecture to the audience.
The Prowler  1. A dull library of his voice. 2. In the bedroom of the newlyweds, the sounds of traffic all night long. 3. Primitive generator. 3 other things.
The Haunting  1. No right angles. 2. The door bends. 3. Camera ascending the spiral staircase.
Investigation of a Citizen Above Suspicion  1. Twenty-five blue neckties. 2. A fluttering gallery of oversized fingerprints. 3. Unable to prove his own guilt.