Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- lili taylor
- Marlon Brando
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- Reeling Film Festival
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- star trek
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- "Oh Mary...even if you're both miserable...that's the only way you're going to be happy!" Love this show. https://t.co/U9cUxe5hVL 7 hours ago
- Overhead Old Fashioned. https://t.co/I6I8HcJ31U 1 day ago
- 3 things about Chris Bolan’s A SECRET LOVE randomcha.net/2021/01/14/3-t… 1 day ago
- Can you believe this shit? twitter.com/kylegriffin1/s… 1 day ago
- RT @musicboxtheatre: https://t.co/cVrT03Rj0g 2 days ago
- RT @me_llamo_Edward: Insanity is devoting so much energy to support a man who lost the House, the Senate, and the Presidency who also happe… 3 days ago
- RT @Brian_Tallerico: I vastly underestimated how hard it would be to concentrate in January 2021. 3 days ago
- Seriously, what is the point of this documentary? twitter.com/ThePlaylist/st… 3 days ago
- Happy Birthday to Mary J. Blige, who waxed one of the most awesome Duke Ellington interpretations in recording hist… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago
- 3 things about Steve McQueen’s SMALL AXE: LOVERS ROCK randomcha.net/2021/01/11/3-t… 4 days ago
Monthly Archives: December 2020
Years don’t matter any more, if they ever did. True is true. CAMERAPERSON (Kirsten Johnson) DON’T THINK I’VE FORGOTTEN: CAMBODIA’S LOST ROCK’N’ROLL (John Pirozzi) FIRST COW (Kelly Reichardt) I’M THINKING OF ENDING THINGS (Charlie Kaufman) JASPER MALL (Brett Whitcomb & … Continue reading
Inherent Vice  1. “Molto panacako!” 2. A bare patch on the sofa cushion’s vinyl cover. 3. “So, justice was served?” 3 other things.
Wonder Woman 1984  1. Fanny pack. 2. “Mind your business.” 3. Unwanted cows.
It’s a Wonderful Life  1. Mr. Gower’s voice is the first we hear. 2. Fifty cents on the dollar. 3. “Yeah, yeah yeah, soybeans, yeah.” 3 other things.
Die Hard  1. Japanese artifacts in the vault. 2. Is the nerd the only bad guy who doesn’t die? 3. “Now I know how a TV dinner feels.” 3 other things.
The Farewell  1. Professional crier. 2. She pulls up her shirt, revealing the cupping marks on her back. 3. Outside the window of her hotel room, a plume of cigarette smoke dissolves in the air.
Not necessarily released in 2020, these were nevertheless some of the songs I listened to all year long: a personal time capsule of the past twelve months. Enjoy!
The Apartment  1. Strand of leftover spaghetti on the tennis racket. He wraps it around his finger. 2. On her way out, she deposits a dime on the desk. 3. Key to the executive washroom. 3 other things.
Holiday  1. Drinking champagne out of a trophy. 2. The way Lew Ayers says, “I’ll be–here.” 3. She closes her eyes and presses an elevator button.