Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- bette davis
- Christopher Nolan
- comic book movies
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- Joe Dante
- John Huston
- Kartemquin Films
- lili taylor
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- star trek
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- Who else is going to Film Trivia tonight? twitter.com/facetschicago/… 5 hours ago
- RT @ALALibrary: At a time when librarians across the country are facing baseless allegations and threats of criminal charges for simply doi… 1 day ago
- RT @georgehahn: But, hey… I’m glad we’re pouring time, money, energy and resources into banning books and making sure kids don’t hear about… 1 day ago
- Death, madness, greed, senselessness. 2 days ago
- RT @musicboxtheatre: Join the Music Box team! We have an opening for a House Manager position. Flexible weekend, evening, & holiday availab… 2 days ago
- RT @vesperlynds: waiting for the cronenberg movie reactions https://t.co/oaGj50nAWx 3 days ago
- Do I know anyone in the Hamptons? twitter.com/RoysWorldFilm/… 3 days ago
- 3 things about Isaac Halasima’s WATERMAN randomcha.net/2022/05/22/3-t… 4 days ago
- 3 things about Hayao Miyazaki’s PORCO ROSSO randomcha.net/2022/05/21/3-t… 5 days ago
- RT @Whimsurge: #TopGun #Snoopy #FilmTwitter https://t.co/fju1nQSAWa 6 days ago
Monthly Archives: December 2020
Years don’t matter any more, if they ever did. True is true. CAMERAPERSON (Kirsten Johnson) DON’T THINK I’VE FORGOTTEN: CAMBODIA’S LOST ROCK’N’ROLL (John Pirozzi) FIRST COW (Kelly Reichardt) I’M THINKING OF ENDING THINGS (Charlie Kaufman) JASPER MALL (Brett Whitcomb & … Continue reading
Inherent Vice  1. “Molto panacako!” 2. A bare patch on the sofa cushion’s vinyl cover. 3. “So, justice was served?” 3 other things.
Wonder Woman 1984  1. Fanny pack. 2. “Mind your business.” 3. Unwanted cows.
It’s a Wonderful Life  1. Mr. Gower’s voice is the first we hear. 2. Fifty cents on the dollar. 3. “Yeah, yeah yeah, soybeans, yeah.” 3 other things.
Die Hard  1. Japanese artifacts in the vault. 2. Is the nerd the only bad guy who doesn’t die? 3. “Now I know how a TV dinner feels.” 3 other things.
The Farewell  1. Professional crier. 2. She pulls up her shirt, revealing the cupping marks on her back. 3. Outside the window of her hotel room, a plume of cigarette smoke dissolves in the air.
Not necessarily released in 2020, these were nevertheless some of the songs I listened to all year long: a personal time capsule of the past twelve months. Enjoy!
The Apartment  1. Strand of leftover spaghetti on the tennis racket. He wraps it around his finger. 2. On her way out, she deposits a dime on the desk. 3. Key to the executive washroom. 3 other things.
Holiday  1. Drinking champagne out of a trophy. 2. The way Lew Ayers says, “I’ll be–here.” 3. She closes her eyes and presses an elevator button.