Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- lili taylor
- Marlon Brando
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- Reeling Film Festival
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- star trek
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- 3 things about Garrett Bradley’s TIME randomcha.net/2021/02/28/3-t… 8 hours ago
- RT @RoysWorldFilm: On this day exactly 1 year ago we had our World Premiere at @glasgowfilmfest. Even as we lament the terribleness of the… 14 hours ago
- Final days–ROY’S WORLD at Beloit randomcha.net/2021/02/27/fin… 1 day ago
- RT @RoysWorldFilm: Last two days to catch our film! Them that hesitate are late. twitter.com/ChiFilmArchive… 1 day ago
- 3 things about Paul Thomas Anderson’s PHANTOM THREAD randomcha.net/2021/02/27/3-t… 1 day ago
- LOVE THIS. twitter.com/AlvarezGibson/… 2 days ago
- RT @RoysWorldFilm: Tonight's the night for our @BeloitFilmFest Q&A, which is free by the way. Featuring composer/performer Jason Adasiewicz… 2 days ago
- RT @cevangelista413: King of the headshots https://t.co/9eOJVKJRRz 3 days ago
- RT @blipsman: So they ruled out calling it OnlyFleets? 3 days ago
- RT @stevevance: If you know anyone who lives in the North Lawndale community area tell them that they can get a vaccination purely because… 3 days ago
Monthly Archives: October 2020
Joker  1. Climbing inside the refrigerator. 2. Oversized white briefs. 3. So now we know: Bruce Wayne’s parents were murdered after a screening of Zorro, the Gay Blade. A film so bereft of originality, insight, and surprise it almost … Continue reading
Mama Gloria  1. A parade of high heels in broad daylight. 2. Reuniting with her former prom date. 3. Under-the-table surgeries at Cook County Hospital.
Blade Runner 2049  1. Giant videoscreen shopping kiosk. 2. Dead eye retina scan. 3. Hologram Liberace. 3 other things.
Europa ’51  1. A blood clot. 2. “Why are you going out of your way for me?” 3. Behind a barred window, looking down upon them.
I created a Spotify playlist for Barry Gifford’s Roy stories, filled with many tunes he references directly in the stories as well as others from the period that vibe well with his words. Check it out!
Blade Runner  1. He takes his noodles with him. 2. Accumulated dust and debris on the “roof” of Bryant’s office. 3. Climbing up the bookcase and through the floor. 3 other things.
Airplane II: The Sequel  1. Theme from The Love Boat. 2. “I’m sorry, I don’t do impressions; my training is in psychiatry.” 3. Loud elevator.
This Island Earth  1. Catalog with pages made of metal. 2. Pulsing neon green. 3. Cat lapping up milk while perched on a lead slab.
Insomnia  1. It’s 10 PM, not 10 AM. 2. “There are two kinds of people who live in Alaska: the ones who are born here and the ones who come here to escape something else. I wasn’t born here.” … Continue reading
Let’s Scare Jessica to Death  1. Getting back to the land includes spraying your apple orchard with poisonous pesticide. 2. Evil flowers lamp. 3. Rowing, motionless.