Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- Kartemquin Films
- lili taylor
- Marlon Brando
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- Reeling Film Festival
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- 3 things about René Clair’s AND THEN THERE NONE randomcha.net/2020/11/30/3-t… 1 hour ago
- RT @Accordion27: COMA, 1978 twitter.com/randomcha/stat… https://t.co/DEBT8AnGVR 4 hours ago
- 3 things about Young-seok Noh’s DAYTIME DRINKING randomcha.net/2020/11/29/3-t… 1 day ago
- This. This, this, this. twitter.com/samuelbbeckett… 1 day ago
- DAYTIME DRINKING is just a tremendous comedy. You can watch it for free on @hooplaDigital with your library card. 1 day ago
- Such a joy, check this out @DanielDKraus twitter.com/AllTC_/status/… 1 day ago
- Happy Birthday to @joe_dante! Here we are outside of Nightingale in Chicago, August 2012, sharing a Schlitz. https://t.co/fjqNIyCbBB 1 day ago
- Why isn't there a decent DVD or BR of AND THEN THERE WERE NONE? Or have I just not found one for sale? 1 day ago
- Video game content I can get behind. twitter.com/DoctorCuriosit… 2 days ago
- 44,152 / 50,000 WORDS UPDATE #nanowrimo2020 So close, and yet ... argh. nanowrimo.org/participants/r… 3 days ago
Monthly Archives: October 2020
Joker  1. Climbing inside the refrigerator. 2. Oversized white briefs. 3. So now we know: Bruce Wayne’s parents were murdered after a screening of Zorro, the Gay Blade. A film so bereft of originality, insight, and surprise it almost … Continue reading
Mama Gloria  1. A parade of high heels in broad daylight. 2. Reuniting with her former prom date. 3. Under-the-table surgeries at Cook County Hospital.
Blade Runner 2049  1. Giant videoscreen shopping kiosk. 2. Dead eye retina scan. 3. Hologram Liberace. 3 other things.
Europa ’51  1. A blood clot. 2. “Why are you going out of your way for me?” 3. Behind a barred window, looking down upon them.
I created a Spotify playlist for Barry Gifford’s Roy stories, filled with many tunes he references directly in the stories as well as others from the period that vibe well with his words. Check it out!
Blade Runner  1. He takes his noodles with him. 2. Accumulated dust and debris on the “roof” of Bryant’s office. 3. Climbing up the bookcase and through the floor. 3 other things.
Airplane II: The Sequel  1. Theme from The Love Boat. 2. “I’m sorry, I don’t do impressions; my training is in psychiatry.” 3. Loud elevator.
This Island Earth  1. Catalog with pages made of metal. 2. Pulsing neon green. 3. Cat lapping up milk while perched on a lead slab.
Insomnia  1. It’s 10 PM, not 10 AM. 2. “There are two kinds of people who live in Alaska: the ones who are born here and the ones who come here to escape something else. I wasn’t born here.” … Continue reading
Let’s Scare Jessica to Death  1. Getting back to the land includes spraying your apple orchard with poisonous pesticide. 2. Evil flowers lamp. 3. Rowing, motionless.