Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- bette davis
- Christopher Nolan
- comic book movies
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- Joe Dante
- John Huston
- Kartemquin Films
- lili taylor
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- star trek
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- Music from the shoreline shopping mall nightclub of your most intimate fantasy. Turn down the lights and get closer. mypetflamingo.bandcamp.com/album/couples-… 11 hours ago
- Looking forward to catching the newest Terrence Davies masterpiece at @CriticsFf today. 20 hours ago
- 3 things about James Ivory’s A ROOM WITH A VIEW randomcha.net/2022/05/15/3-t… 20 hours ago
- RT @Whimsurge: #KevinCostner #Film #Movies https://t.co/YFVM2hUFv1 1 day ago
- 3 things about Michelangelo Antonioni’s RED DESERT randomcha.net/2022/05/14/3-t… 1 day ago
- Watching RED DESERT and A ROOM WITH A VIEW in quick succession has given me a certain amount of whiplash. 1 day ago
- I pre-ordered this so fast I frightened myself. Heads up @freemorpheme. twitter.com/numerogroup/st… 2 days ago
- RT @Criterion: Farewell to the great actor Fred Ward, seen here in SHORT CUTS (1993), one of his memorable collaborations with Robert Altma… 2 days ago
- Would you like to be my boss? Seriously. recruiting.ultipro.com/AME1043ALA/Job… 2 days ago
- Ridiculously excited about this. twitter.com/musicboxtheatr… 3 days ago
Monthly Archives: January 2022
Don’t Look Up  1. Diet app. 2. The algorithms were wrong: he doesn’t die alone. 3. Firing at the comet with a pistol.
Johnny Guitar  1. “How many men have you forgotten?” “As many women as you’ve remembered.” 2. Lovers’ initials carved in the bark of a tree on the riverbank. 3. Right between the eyes. 3 other things.
Logan’s Run  1. Slo-mo sex club. 2. “I hate Outside! I hate it!” 3. Cats in Congress.
The Living End  1. “Fuck! Don’t these wenches listen to anything else besides k.d. lang and Michelle Shocked?!” 2. Beer and Barbie cereal. 3. Choking in the shower.
The African Queen  1. She unfurls the umbrella and positions it above his head. 2. Forging a blade. 3. A very quick marriage. 3 other things.
Peter Pan  1. Tinker Bell measures her hips. 2. Water-powered clock in the treehouse. 3. Regrettable (and forgettable) song “What Made the Red Man Red?”
Nightmare Alley  1. His eye seems to follow you no matter where you stand. 2. December 1941; there’s nary a Christmas decoration to be seen. 3. The way she says, “I’ll live.”
Antarctica: A Year on Ice  1. T3 Syndrome. 2. Mummified seal. 3. He shows us the bunkhouse, spumes of frozen air piled everywhere.
Fantastic Voyage  1. Arthur O’Connell’s giant eye. 2. Jelly valves. 3. The g-forces inch her body up the wall. 3 other things.
Insignificance  1. Napoleon’s crap. 2. “You can never understand anything by agreeing, by making definitions. Only by turning over the possibilities. That’s called thinking. If I say I know, I stop thinking. As long as I keep thinking, I … Continue reading