Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- Kartemquin Films
- lili taylor
- Marlon Brando
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- Reeling Film Festival
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- Simply unmissable. twitter.com/phillipstribun… 2 days ago
- 3 things about Todd Phillips’s JOKER randomcha.net/2020/10/28/3-t… 2 days ago
- Wallace Shawn, as usual, cuts to the heart of things: nybooks.com/daily/2020/10/… 2 days ago
- Possible coping strategy: getting massively baked and watching lots of Ernie Kovacs on @Tubi. 3 days ago
- RT @RealLyndaCarter: This week, I’m spinning into my best superhero gear! Walk, run, or spin on down to the polls and vote early for @JoeBi… 3 days ago
- After 2 weeks of multiple health screens and asking everyone to quarantine, I surprised my closest inner circle wit… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- Do it, Texas! cc @wileywiggins twitter.com/DanielDKraus/s… 3 days ago
- 3 things about Luchina Fisher’s MAMA GLORIA randomcha.net/2020/10/27/3-t… 3 days ago
- Help support @CHIRPRadio! go.rallyup.com/e0f1e0 3 days ago
- RT @samesmail: People in Wisconsin. Trump’s criminal Supreme Court has fucked you over. Read this to make sure your vote gets counted. http… 3 days ago
Monthly Archives: August 2014
The Girl  1. Her daughter wakes her up and she immediately starts clawing at the air. 2. Hitchcock in an apron and rubber gloves, doing the dishes. 3. The purse is the brightest yellow in the world. We all want … Continue reading
The Trip to Italy  1. “She has quite a lovely gait.” “Probably padlocked.” 2. Kumquats. 3. He points out a bust. “Look at that hair. George Michael, ‘Careless Whisper’ video.” My only complaint is the scarcity of desserts in … Continue reading
Paraphrased from a 2000 interview between Walter Murch and Anne V. Coates: Don’t cut until you have to.
Faces  1. The tear, poised to fall, remains in place. 2. “So, what have I got after all those years? A big house, a kooky wife, and a kid who wears sneakers.” 3. Smoker’s cough on the stairs.
Across 110th Street  1. “Honey, will ya cover your tits? Come on.” 2. A giant painting of himself on his office wall. 3. Dead on her feet.
Swing Time  1. “I’d rather not be wrong than be right!” 2. She makes as if to kiss him and he backs away, alarmed. 3. An empty, star-spangled nightclub.
Jackie Brown  1. “Demi Moore.” 2. Paperbacks in the bottom of the bag. 3. He opens the door. Spatters of blood on his shirt.
A Most Wanted Man  1. He opens the door, steps outside, tosses the ice from his drink onto the ground. 2. A drunken domestic barroom brawl soundtracked by Roy Orbison. 3. “This is a pen. It looks like a … Continue reading
Capricorn One  1. Scope followed by black coffee. 2. Brenda Vaccaro’s tearful recitation of Fox in Socks. 3. Despite his revulsion, he lifts the dead rattlesnake to his lips and begins to suck its blood.