Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- Kartemquin Films
- lili taylor
- Marlon Brando
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- Reeling Film Festival
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- RT @bluenoterecords: What's the vibe this weekend? Hits: bluenote.lnk.to/BlueNoteClassi… New: bluenote.lnk.to/JazzNow Discovery: https://t.co/Aldf… 23 hours ago
- Finally caught up with CAMERAPERSON. Whoa. Startling, in wonderful wys. 1 day ago
- Our go-to for thin crust is @pizzeriaaroma ... truly a comfort these days. twitter.com/joefav/status/… 2 days ago
- Price gouging amidst a pandemic, enabled by this fucking administration. Screw them all. twitter.com/theintercept/s… 2 days ago
- RT @AshcanPress: I have a Carl Reiner story that I hold very dear to me. I figured I'd share it today, on the day of his passing, because I… 3 days ago
- 3 things about Rainer Werner Fassbinder’s IN A YEAR WITH 13 MOONS randomcha.net/2020/06/30/3-t… 3 days ago
- Amidst a crappy day, here's a genuine ray of joy. twitter.com/MetroBrewing/s… 3 days ago
- Sigh. From the owner of my local indie used bookstore. These are the kinds of wrenching decisions a lot of folks ar… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- So fucking pathetic and dangerous. twitter.com/FlicklundTweet… 4 days ago
- I am so on board with this film (or any Ozon film TBH). twitter.com/francois_ozon/… 5 days ago
Monthly Archives: February 2016
Tristana  1. “Even if you have nightmares, it’s good to dream. The dead don’t dream.” He stares at her cleavage. As he stands up from the chair, he closes the front of her nightgown and bids her goodnight. 2. … Continue reading
Krull  1. Black eyes of the changeling seer. 2. “Am I that man?” 3. He leaves a bit of sand on the web.
This is the punch for my Oscars party this year, derived from David Wondrich’s wonderful book Punch: The Delights (and Dangers) of the Flowing Bowl Hardcover. As he notes, it is “fearsomely complex” to make. But wonderful. The recipe below … Continue reading
End of the Road  1. The sound of the chicken. 2. “Approach the ballerina.” 3. Sunrise, a lake, a boat, two men, a body. The documentary by Steven Soderbergh on the DVD is very illuminating. I wonder if he’ll … Continue reading
Inherent Vice  1. In his notebook he writes: Something Spanish. 2. Dr. Threeply lip syncs the movie. 3. A new American Express card. 3 other things.
Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down!  1. Scuba. 2. “Don’t laugh or it will slip out!” 3. Gnawing on the chicken to cover up her nervousness.
The New Centurions  1. “$11,000 a year and a way out of East LA.” 2. The only movie in existence where Isabel Sanford says “white honky devil.” 3. He dies without a mustache.
Mishima: A Life in Four Chapters  1. She says, “Your skin is so beautiful, I just had to cut it.” He smiles. “It felt pleasant.” 2. Rotating ramen stand. 3. The sun parts from the horizon.
5 Girls  1. After getting a hug from the boy she tells her friends, “This jacket will never be washed.” 2. From the balcony they look down onto the dancefloor, silently, bored. 3. “I wish I hadn’t been so … Continue reading
Fantastic Voyage  1. Edmond O’Brien is hurtling towards diabetes. 2. Stripping wire with a scalpel. 3. To remove the antibodies, all the men paw at her body. 3 other things.