Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- Kartemquin Films
- lili taylor
- Marlon Brando
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- Reeling Film Festival
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- Whoa. Rossellini's EUROPA '51 really hit me hard. So timely. The final shot made me cry. 8 hours ago
- Sweet! twitter.com/NancySinatra/s… 10 hours ago
- Distribute my film. @RoysWorldFilm is finished & ready! twitter.com/jimmycthatsme/… 12 hours ago
- 3 things about Christopher Nolan’s INSOMNIA randomcha.net/2020/10/21/3-t… 15 hours ago
- Christopher 2020: I'm Glad You Had A Good Night's Sleep twitter.com/Brian_Talleric… 17 hours ago
- RT @JohnCleese: Trump uses the word 'unfair' to describe any situation where it's hard for him to break the rules 18 hours ago
- This is how copyright ought to work. twitter.com/brianftang/sta… 1 day ago
- 3 things about John Hancock’s LET’S SCARE JESSICA TO DEATH randomcha.net/2020/10/20/3-t… 1 day ago
- So I put together this playlist and I think it's pretty swell and you should check it out. twitter.com/RoysWorldFilm/… 1 day ago
- RT @samuelbbeckett: Finished, it’s finished, nearly finished, it must be nearly finished. 2 days ago
Monthly Archives: February 2017
Nocturnal Animals  1. It’s a Renaissance painting and then she turns over and answers the phone; it’s her mother calling. 2. “‘Who? Who?’ Are you an owl?” 3. A second drink grows watery. She realizes.
Moonlight  1. He picks up the crack pipe and examines it curiously. 2. The breeze. 3. Grandma rules.
Casablanca  1. “Only one answer can take care of all our questions.” 2. A trio of coupe glasses on top of the piano. 3. Their footprints reveal puddles on the tarmac. 3 other things.
I Am Not Your Negro  1. Apology montage. 2. Gary Cooper, Doris Day, lynchings. 3. “The story of the Negro in America is the story of America. It is not a pretty story.”
Lilith  1. Passionate embrace/water flashes. 2. “Principles, Mr. Bruce, must be examined.” 3. He catches the two women in a barn.
Over the weekend I had the immense pleasure of working with a brilliant ensemble of musicians to lay down the score for Roy’s World. This is the first time I’ve ever been able to collaborate in this way: working with … Continue reading
A few shots from last night’s rehearsal. We head into the studio today!
Compulsion  1. He tries, and fails, to put the eyeglasses on the corpse. We never see the corpse. 2. The suspects in adjoining rooms. 3. “God had nothing to do with it.” Frustrating. A pretty good movie that could … Continue reading
Thelonious Monk: Straight No Chaser  1. Turning around and around at the airport. 2. He admires the new pair of pants. “Those are some bad motherfuckers.” 3. Playing around with his handkerchief while he’s playing.
Gorky Park  1. A car without a heater. 2. He gets the sables riled up. 3. Snap! The empty rings against the wood.