Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- lili taylor
- Marlon Brando
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- Reeling Film Festival
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- star trek
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- 3 things about Jack Arnold’s THE INCREDIBLE SHRINKING MAN randomcha.net/2021/03/01/3-t… 32 minutes ago
- RT @POETSorg: Dear March - Come in - How glad I am - I hoped for you before - —Emily Dickinson poets.org/poem/dear-marc… #WomensHistoryMon… 7 hours ago
- 3 things about Garrett Bradley’s TIME randomcha.net/2021/02/28/3-t… 1 day ago
- RT @RoysWorldFilm: On this day exactly 1 year ago we had our World Premiere at @glasgowfilmfest. Even as we lament the terribleness of the… 1 day ago
- Final days–ROY’S WORLD at Beloit randomcha.net/2021/02/27/fin… 2 days ago
- RT @RoysWorldFilm: Last two days to catch our film! Them that hesitate are late. twitter.com/ChiFilmArchive… 2 days ago
- 3 things about Paul Thomas Anderson’s PHANTOM THREAD randomcha.net/2021/02/27/3-t… 2 days ago
- LOVE THIS. twitter.com/AlvarezGibson/… 3 days ago
- RT @RoysWorldFilm: Tonight's the night for our @BeloitFilmFest Q&A, which is free by the way. Featuring composer/performer Jason Adasiewicz… 3 days ago
- RT @cevangelista413: King of the headshots https://t.co/9eOJVKJRRz 3 days ago
Monthly Archives: February 2017
Nocturnal Animals  1. It’s a Renaissance painting and then she turns over and answers the phone; it’s her mother calling. 2. “‘Who? Who?’ Are you an owl?” 3. A second drink grows watery. She realizes.
Moonlight  1. He picks up the crack pipe and examines it curiously. 2. The breeze. 3. Grandma rules.
Casablanca  1. “Only one answer can take care of all our questions.” 2. A trio of coupe glasses on top of the piano. 3. Their footprints reveal puddles on the tarmac. 3 other things.
I Am Not Your Negro  1. Apology montage. 2. Gary Cooper, Doris Day, lynchings. 3. “The story of the Negro in America is the story of America. It is not a pretty story.”
Lilith  1. Passionate embrace/water flashes. 2. “Principles, Mr. Bruce, must be examined.” 3. He catches the two women in a barn.
Over the weekend I had the immense pleasure of working with a brilliant ensemble of musicians to lay down the score for Roy’s World. This is the first time I’ve ever been able to collaborate in this way: working with … Continue reading
A few shots from last night’s rehearsal. We head into the studio today!
Compulsion  1. He tries, and fails, to put the eyeglasses on the corpse. We never see the corpse. 2. The suspects in adjoining rooms. 3. “God had nothing to do with it.” Frustrating. A pretty good movie that could … Continue reading
Thelonious Monk: Straight No Chaser  1. Turning around and around at the airport. 2. He admires the new pair of pants. “Those are some bad motherfuckers.” 3. Playing around with his handkerchief while he’s playing.
Gorky Park  1. A car without a heater. 2. He gets the sables riled up. 3. Snap! The empty rings against the wood.