Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- bette davis
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- Kartemquin Films
- lili taylor
- Marlon Brando
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- star trek
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- Thank you Henry Mancini for spending 926 minutes with me this year on @Spotify. You are my #1. #SpotifyWrapped open.spotify.com/artist/2EExdpj… 23 minutes ago
- 3 things about Wendy Toye & David Eady & George More O’Ferrall’s THREE CASES OF MURDER randomcha.net/2021/11/30/3-t… 18 hours ago
- Damn right I love working for @ALALibrary ala.org/advocacy/state… 1 day ago
- The Anne Baxter episode of COLUMBO is awesome. Includes a cameo by Edith Head! 1 day ago
- 3 things about Hayao Miyazaki’s MY NEIGHBOR TOTORO randomcha.net/2021/11/29/3-t… 1 day ago
- RT @RhysTranter: “If you want something hard enough, it just gets done.” — Billy Strayhorn b. 29 November 1915 https://t.co/0yy1595E5q 2 days ago
- RT @samuelbbeckett: All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better. 2 days ago
- Type the year you became a teenager in the gif bar and post it. https://t.co/9SdjD5qPbT 2 days ago
- Snapshots from the Chicago premiere of ROY’S WORLD: BARRY GIFFORD’S CHICAGO randomcha.net/2021/11/28/sna… 2 days ago
- 3 things about Christopher Nolan’s FOLLOWING randomcha.net/2021/11/28/3-t… 2 days ago
Monthly Archives: February 2017
Nocturnal Animals  1. It’s a Renaissance painting and then she turns over and answers the phone; it’s her mother calling. 2. “‘Who? Who?’ Are you an owl?” 3. A second drink grows watery. She realizes.
Moonlight  1. He picks up the crack pipe and examines it curiously. 2. The breeze. 3. Grandma rules.
Casablanca  1. “Only one answer can take care of all our questions.” 2. A trio of coupe glasses on top of the piano. 3. Their footprints reveal puddles on the tarmac. 3 other things.
I Am Not Your Negro  1. Apology montage. 2. Gary Cooper, Doris Day, lynchings. 3. “The story of the Negro in America is the story of America. It is not a pretty story.”
Lilith  1. Passionate embrace/water flashes. 2. “Principles, Mr. Bruce, must be examined.” 3. He catches the two women in a barn.
Over the weekend I had the immense pleasure of working with a brilliant ensemble of musicians to lay down the score for Roy’s World. This is the first time I’ve ever been able to collaborate in this way: working with … Continue reading
A few shots from last night’s rehearsal. We head into the studio today!
Compulsion  1. He tries, and fails, to put the eyeglasses on the corpse. We never see the corpse. 2. The suspects in adjoining rooms. 3. “God had nothing to do with it.” Frustrating. A pretty good movie that could … Continue reading
Thelonious Monk: Straight No Chaser  1. Turning around and around at the airport. 2. He admires the new pair of pants. “Those are some bad motherfuckers.” 3. Playing around with his handkerchief while he’s playing.
Gorky Park  1. A car without a heater. 2. He gets the sables riled up. 3. Snap! The empty rings against the wood.