Enter ROY’S WORLD
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 3 things
- Barry Gifford
- Christopher Nolan
- David Lynch
- film festivals
- film noir
- humphrey bogart
- James Bond
- James Mason
- Jane Fonda
- Jason Adasiewicz
- jimmy stewart
- joan crawford
- John Huston
- Kartemquin Films
- lili taylor
- Marlon Brando
- matt dillon
- Michael Haneke
- new york
- Otto Preminger
- paul thomas anderson
- pause of the clock
- queue tips
- ray milland
- Reeling Film Festival
- richard linklater
- Robert Altman
- Robert Ryan
- Roy's World
- sci fi
- silent film
- twin peaks
- willem dafoe
- Woody Allen
- It's Monday morning. Will this week never end?! 3 hours ago
- Tina Yothers, Christian Slater, Donovan Freberg. (Yes, the kid from the Encyclopedia Britannica commercial.) twitter.com/dansaltzstein/… 15 hours ago
- Damned tasty beer from @MetroBrewing ... pairs well with homemade chili. https://t.co/Se9AmlsubT 15 hours ago
- 3 things about Roberto Rossellini’s EUROPA ’51 randomcha.net/2020/10/25/3-t… 20 hours ago
- Coleman Hawkins, Today and Now. So perfect. 1 day ago
- A playlist for reading. randomcha.net/2020/10/24/a-p… 1 day ago
- 3 things about Ridley Scott’s BLADE RUNNER randomcha.net/2020/10/24/3-t… 1 day ago
- RT @andrewfcarlin: tfw you got your Biden vote in early https://t.co/nLCkgVluBf 2 days ago
- RT @JoeBiden: After eight months of this pandemic, we finally found President Trump's plan to beat COVID-19. trumpcovidplan.com 2 days ago
- Philip Kaufman likes my film (!) 2 days ago
Monthly Archives: July 2018
Manhattan Melodrama  1. “Jew. Protestant. Catholic. What does it matter?” Then he gets killed in an anarchist riot (!) 2. He gives the $7,500 to a waiter. 3. “Goodbye, Black Boy, don’t take any wooden porkchops.” 3 other things.
Future Language: The Dimensions of Von LMO  1. “The life of a head of lettuce is very short.” 2. A cat explores the manuscript. 3. The color green is an evil octagon. Far out.
The Invasion  1. “I just took advantage of a drunk woman and I’m sorry.” 2. Within a few scenes she goes from being a terrible shot to an excellent marksman. 3. Synchronized coffee urn vomit.
The Brood  1. Short, short robe. 2. Two kids playing on a tire swing which hangs above a muddy puddle. 3. “They sometimes do. Sometimes, but then they’re bad mommies, they’re fucked-up mommies.”
The Spy Who Loved Me  1. “Let me broaden your vocabulary.” 2. At once he issues an order to stop the payments. 3. Jaws vs. shark. 3 other things.
TRON: Legacy  1. Literally falling to bits. 2. Kubrickian dining room set. 3. Why isn’t there more of Dillinger? 3 other things.
Flash Gordon  1. Blonde hair vanishing beneath the muck. 2. “Tell me more about this man Houdini.” 3. Banner #1: ALL CREATURES WILL MAKE MERRY. Banner #2: UNDER PAIN OF DEATH. 3 other things.
Won’t You Be My Neighbor?  1. King Friday doesn’t want things to change. So he builds a wall. 2. The number 143. 3. “Television doesn’t have room for a nice person today.”
Little Children  1. She discovers a collection of tissues. 2. “Only someone who took his own beauty for granted would have been able to say something so stupid and with a straight face.” 3. A pair of rubber gloves … Continue reading
The Man with the Golden Gun  1. Lots of bottoms. Wrecked ship, its hull in the air. Bottoms Up Club. Bond grabs the sumo wrestle’s buttcheeks. She activates the ray with her bottom. 2. He tosses the extra nipple … Continue reading